Video Monitor vs LED screen reflection comparison

My 40" videocon LED broke, so I am using a 27" benq LED computer monitor, which is placed right in front of the TV. This gave an opportunity to compare the 2. Check the pic to see how much light both screens are reflecting.

jVIxyuV.jpg

As you can see the 40" TV is stupidly relfective. It reflect everything. The whole room can be seen during dark scenes. The smaller non-reflecting monitor is not dim. Its just plain better, except for the size of course .

The room is lit with a mere 9 watt led.
Afaik most TV are like this only. Why? why on earth would someone make such a mirror-screen? What could possibly TV manufacturors gain from such idiocracy ?

possible that the tv has a plastic screen in front of the led. I see the same reflection of entire room on my 32" tv and looking closely there was a glass or plastic screen on it. It's probably a really thin plastic sheet. Glass would be heavy. And the sound coming when you tap the screen sounds like plastic.

The BenQ screen will probably just bend softly under your finger since it is open.

My 40" videocon LED broke, so I am using a 27" benq LED computer monitor, which is placed right in front of the TV. This gave an opportunity to compare the 2. Check the pic to see how much light both screens are reflecting.

As you can see the 40" TV is stupidly relfective. It reflect everything. The whole room can be seen during dark scenes. The smaller non-reflecting monitor is not dim. Its just plain better, except for the size of course .

The room is lit with a mere 9 watt led.
Afaik most TV are like this only. Why? why on earth would someone make such a mirror-screen? What could possibly TV manufacturors gain from such idiocracy ?

Forget comparing it with the TV, is the benq screen itself matte or glossy?

I use a dell ultrasharp which has a matte screen and i can't stand most of the regular consumer-grade monitors out there which have glossy screens. Supposedly they offer better colours and a more 'dynamic' looking image...

possible that the tv has a plastic screen in front of the led. I see the same reflection of entire room on my 32" tv and looking closely there was a glass or plastic screen on it. It's probably a really thin plastic sheet. Glass would be heavy. And the sound coming when you tap the screen sounds like plastic.

The BenQ screen will probably just bend softly under your finger since it is open.

Pretty sure nothing other than plasma displays use glass. Everything is plastic, like that barbie girl song...

Old LCD TV's used to have glass long back. LCD itself is a combination of glass and plastic. Newer LCD TV's all have plastic films

Back