Most Accurate BP Monitor?

These days i am facing a hype in my blood pressures. I own an analog BP monitoring instrument but it requires a person to check it and right now i am living alone. Please suggest me the most accurate Digital BP Monitor. There are many available at flipkart but all have mixed reviews. Though i know nothing can beat that analog one, but a digital one is a requirement now. The only thing I need is accuracy I don't need those fancy features like memory or touch screen etc.

Digital BP monitors are extremely sensitive. You have to take readings 3-4 times for identifying garbage values and averaging the remaining readings.
Few of my colleagues had bought Omron BP Monitors. But they stopped using it after a few months.

Amen to that. What I have noticed that the wrist attached ones are the ones which give out false reading mostly. The ones which are similar to the analog style old monitors are more accurate. But nothing beats doing both - analog + digital - we have both.

The one which I was referring to was to be attached to the upper arm just like the analog monitors.

What I meant was those small wrist only attached monitors, not the ones with tubes. As an example, the one on the left below v/s the one on the right. We find the latter to be more accurate.

24_19.jpg
T34IOL0002_1.jpg

What I meant was those small wrist only attached monitors, not the ones with tubes. As an example, the one on the left below v/s the one on the right. We find the latter to be more accurate.

24_19.jpg
T34IOL0002_1.jpg
I have no experience with the first one. The 2nd one is what my colleague had bought.

I have no experience with the first one. The 2nd one is what my colleague had bought.

Well, we have 2 digital and one analog. The digital ones are Omron and Analog is Rossmax I believe. The handheld one used to give wide variations - we had to do multiple readings and finally gave up on the device. We bought the analog and digital one later. No issues with either.

We had Omron Digital, it was almost always inaccurate. We had to try 3-4 times and then basically see which one was closer to what it was last time! I later brought Rossmax Analog one with sethescope, its a lot better but takes time to know how to measure. I took it to my doc and guided me how to read from the device.

Digital BP monitors are not accurate but I bought Omron HEM-7120 for my dad from Amazon. The readings are surprisingly good. Just make sure you discard the package provided batteries and instead install new ones. The readings will be bad if the battery voltage goes down. But again nothing beats the analog meter.

Back