PC Peripherals Most basic Gamer Keyboard-Mouse-Mat suggestion

I'm planning to change my Keyboard and mouse and this time plan to go for a basic gaming combo to see what major difference it is going to make. Have the following in mind

Keyboard - Razer Arctosa ~ 2k (Lycosa is way too expensive and I dont need backlight anyways)

Mosue - Razer Abyssus ~ 1.3k (Deathadder looks good, but again I dont need customizable buttons and want to spend less)

Mousepad - Razer Goliathus - ~ .5k speed/control? Dont know what to choose..

Intended use is light gaming (4-5hrs a week), browsing and a little bit of documentation/programming and Music (so multimedia keys a must). I prefer a soft touch keyboard and Arctosa looks like it has small travel that will make for good typing. But what i'm wondering is the life span of these short stroke keys when used for gaming. Will it be durable?? Say last for 2-3yrs? I typically play NFS and more often end up pressing the arrow keys hard (in an attempt to turn/accelerate the car more :)) will it be durable in such cases?

I really dont want to spend more. Just want to try out what "gamer experience" is all about. Also please suggest if there is anything more value for money (both keyboard and mosue) that needs looking at, at this price point. I dont like wireless (personal preferrence).

Edit: I am currently using entry level Logitech mouse and normal samsung multimedia keyboard which has keys that are not easy and smooth to push down.

Now when you say u want a gamer experience only these things are just not enuf , u need a good gaming headphone too ....But since you are low on budget maybe some other time

I have really not tried a gaming keyboard as yet would certainly like to knw other peoples reviews on why its really needed for a good gaming experience

Now when it comes to mouse i think even the grip of Razer Abyssus is different from Death Adder , features wise they both look almost the same (extra buttons yeah they r not needed unless u need to pop out sm things quickly when you r in MP) , so b ased on ur grip you can choose one of the two .

Razer Goliathus Speed Fragged edition is way too smooth compared to Razer goliathus normal speed edition which used to come bfor ( Just my and sm of my clannies opinions) becomes really difficult to track the mouse atleast for me with accuracy , so if you are going for fragged edition i would suggest to you buy a control edition else the Cooler Master pads also look and feel good ( i have weapon of choice ak edition which is pretty good) ,

And regarding u pressing the keys hard i would say who doesnt :) , the keyboard i am using right now has beared physical abuse from me for past 6 years and still except the names missing on the key they stil respond awesomely and they are ps2 keyboards maybe worth 250 bucks :) , so a 2k keyboard will surely bear the abuse

Back