Storage Solutions Most Reliable 2TB External Hard Drive

Keane 16

Skilled
I've finally maxed out my 500GB Portable External HD, and am looking to switch to a 3.5" 2TB External Hard Drive. I need the most secure external drive possible - even if it costs a premium - because it'll be used to store very important data from time to time.

Any suggestions?

There's no such thing as 'the most secure' external drive. Any drive is prone to failures subject to a lot of reasons. Whatever data you choose to store on the drive you end up buying, have multiple backups at all times. I've learnt the lesson the hard way.

I'm in the same boat as Keane.

What about the Seagate GoFlex 2TB external drive for 5500 (price from Delta)? It has an USB 3.0 upgrade option as well.

I'm leaning towards this for now. Any good reasons I should not buy the same? Is 5500 a good price for this drive?

I am using Trancend External Casing. which supports USB + Esata (excellent speed).

Reason, I can change Internal HDD by myself in case of problem or to make extra copy.

guptaji said:
I'm in the same boat as Keane.

What about the Seagate GoFlex 2TB external drive for 5500 (price from Delta)? It has an USB 3.0 upgrade option as well.

I'm leaning towards this for now. Any good reasons I should not buy the same? Is 5500 a good price for this drive?

the price is okayish.was about to buy the same and did some research over it and its a good drive.but no hdd's will guarantee you reliability of your data

Back