Most users prefer stock Android over MIUI 9 ...

PoBoy

Skilled
https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...hat-s-a-problem-for-xiaomi-1167629-2018-02-12

Xiaomi's official Twitter handle for global recently conducted a poll on the micro-blogging website asking fans and enthusiasts to choose between Android One and MIUI 9....

A whopping 57 per cent out of approximately 15,000 voters voted in favor of Android One over MIUI 9, and because the end-result wasn't something that the company would have imagined, the social media team at Xiaomi deleted the whole thing shortly after the tweet went live.

So it comes as no big surprise that hard-core geeks would rather prefer stock Android over MIUI. Any day and everyday. What comes as a big surprise however is that even long-term Xiaomi phones would rather pick a Xiaomi phone running stock Android over one that's based on the company's MIUI, and that's a problem for Xiaomi.

I would any day pick a custom shell like MIUI over stock android. I didn't like the near stock experience of Oxygen OS on OnePlus 5 too. Even when I had the Vibe Z2 Pro which had option of switching between Stock and Lenovo shell, I preferred the later. The tweaks many of these customs shells do on top of stock android are pretty useful and the performance cost for me is not enough to lose them.

The thing I hate about chinese rom's most are their aggressive memory and power management. Even when I have whitelisted several apps they tend to automatically close them and also had some problems earlier like several music players didn't show up on the lockscreen, no app drawer in the early android versions. Scrolling screenshot is one feature I think google can take a page from xiaomi.

The thing I hate about chinese rom's most are their aggressive memory and power management. Even when I have whitelisted several apps they tend to automatically close them and also had some problems earlier like several music players didn't show up on the lockscreen, no app drawer in the early android versions. Scrolling screenshot is one feature I think google can take a page from xiaomi.
this. whats the use of long battery life if you cant get notifications?

I would any day pick a custom shell like MIUI over stock android. I didn't like the near stock experience of Oxygen OS on OnePlus 5 too. Even when I had the Vibe Z2 Pro which had option of switching between Stock and Lenovo shell, I preferred the later. The tweaks many of these customs shells do on top of stock android are pretty useful and the performance cost for me is not enough to lose them.

Same here for me as well, MIUI is the most preferred android skin. I find Custom UI bland, Haven't used it after my nexus 5x, will give a brief attempt at Pixel 2 maybe. Though my primary OS remains iOS.

Noticed a bug on MIUI i.e. you can't hold a call or make a conference call if the phone is on VOLTE. Works fine on 3g/4g
I get a pop-up "Can't hold call"

Couldn't find any source to affirm except this on YouTube
Unable_to_Conference_Calls.jpg
Can someone confirm?
I am on MIUI 9.2.4.0

Back