CPU/Mobo motherboard for i5 2500k

I have intel i5 2500k , but not purshased a motherboard . I am thinking to get either asrock z77 extreme 4 or asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 . My max budget is 10k . So suggest me a motherboard which is a good overclocking supporter and which can server me without any failure of it .

Go for Asus P8Z77-M-9.5k OR Asus P8Z77M-PRO-11.5k and for overclocking you should buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO-2.1k

Getting the latest ivy bridge Z77 release is better than older generation Z68 and Asus A.S.S is questionable but many guys had no trouble in rma so,I've suggested asus mobo's cause they have great quality and less failure rate also they have UEFI bios which others don't have.
So this motherboard(asus p8z77-m) is better than the above 2 considered by me ?? Also how is RMA service for asus??

Getting the latest ivy bridge Z77 release is better than older generation Z68 and Asus A.S.S is questionable but many guys had no trouble in rma so,I've suggested asus mobo's cause they have great quality and less failure rate also they have UEFI bios which others don't have.

thankyou very much . one more question . what is the advantage of Asus P8Z77-M over [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] asrock z77 extreme 4 considering they are at same price here . I have read great review about extreme 4[/font]

The Asus Z77 chipset will give you Better Ocing features,UEFI Bios,Better built quality,the other features are the same but i don't know much about AS ROCK A.S.S,So it's better to go with next gen Asus motherboard which will help you in long run.
thankyou very much . one more question . what is the advantage of Asus P8Z77-M over [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] asrock z77 extreme 4 considering they are at same price here . I have read great review about extreme 4[/font]

Alright then . I will buy [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font]Asus P8Z77-M @ 9.5k . It would be better if there were more biostar motherboard like tz77xe4/tz77xe3 .

AFAIK all Z77 boards have UEFI Bios. Build quality wise Asus isn't better than Asrock in anyway. I too have no idea about Asrock ASS but it can't be worse than Rashi/Asus anyway.

If the Asrock Extreme 4 is an ATX (not mATX) board, then go with it. If it is MATX then go with Asus.

If the Asrock Extreme 4 is an ATX (not mATX) board, then go with it. If it is MATX then go with Asus.
AFAIK all Z77 boards have UEFI Bios. Build quality wise Asus isn't better than Asrock in anyway. I too have no idea about Asrock ASS but it can't be worse than Rashi/Asus anyway.

Dont know if it is ATX or micro mATX . what is the difference between two ?? just size?? anyways here is the link http://bwindia.net/catalog/asrock/mb-asrock-sandy-bridge-z77-extreme4-1155-pin-boxed

asrock rma by digicare, asrock z77 extreme-4 far better than asus z77 m,moreover it is atx

you could look at reviews and computer building forums and see which board their buying.

Also asrock z77 exterme has everything uefi bios and better sound than asus m

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASRock-Z77-Extreme4-Motherboard/1509/9

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme4_review,17.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5728/...w-asrock-asus-gigabyte-msi-ecs-and-biostar/14

as an afterthought check into all the feautures of different mobo and reviews before taking final decision.

imo asrock z77 extreme -4 is more vfm than asus z77 m

I think all that has been mentioned above is fine and dandy, you guys are all missing one point. The ASRock motherboards are --
  1. Not widely available in India, atleast I have never run into them in Delhi OR Bangalore OR Hyderabad and I am talking about the main PC market markets like -- CTC, Nehru Place and S.P. Road.
  2. ASRock is actually a subsidiary offshoot of ASUS, read here.
  3. I have used ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi's take on UEFI / 3D BIOS / Touch BIOS et al and honestly ASUS leads the pack by a wide margin.

Just speaking my mind on the fact that if a certain product is not available and doesn't have a high chance being available in the market, pondering over its feasibility and purchase is out of context.

OP go ahead with the ASUS P8Z77-M PRO, I think it will serve you fine and should be available abundantly. If you do not want to risk Rashi's service, go for a Gigabyte equivalent option.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Dont know if it is ATX or micro mATX . what is the difference between two ?? just size?? anyways here is the link http://bwindia.net/c...-1155-pin-boxed

It is a full-ATX motherboard friend and it seems to be available, go for it. Atleast bigger and more open layout than ASUS M-PRO motherboards.

asrock rma by digicare, asrock z77 extreme-4 far better than asus z77 m,moreover it is atx

you could look at reviews and computer building forums and see which board their buying.

Also asrock z77 exterme has everything uefi bios and better sound than asus m

http://www.hardwares...herboard/1509/9

http://www.vortez.ne..._review,17.html

http://www.anandtech...-and-biostar/14

as an afterthought check into all the feautures of different mobo and reviews before taking final decision.

imo asrock z77 extreme -4 is more vfm than asus z77 m

Thanks for the link . After some searching , it seems like assus zz extreme 4 is becoming popular . But only thing is that it is in very few stock in india . Searching for it in Delhi will take some time . Still i will try to find .

I think all that has been mentioned above is fine and dandy, you guys are all missing one point. The ASRock motherboards are --
  1. Not widely available in India, atleast I have never run into them in Delhi OR Bangalore OR Hyderabad and I am talking about the main PC market markets like -- CTC, Nehru Place and S.P. Road.
  2. ASRock is actually a subsidiary offshoot of ASUS, read here.
  3. I have used ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi's take on UEFI / 3D BIOS / Touch BIOS et al and honestly ASUS leads the pack by a wide margin.

Just speaking my mind on the fact that if a certain product is not available and doesn't have a high chance being available in the market, pondering over its feasibility and purchase is out of context.

OP go ahead with the ASUS P8Z77-M PRO, I think it will serve you fine and should be available abundantly. If you do not want to risk Rashi's service, go for a Gigabyte equivalent option.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

It is a full-ATX motherboard friend and it seems to be available, go for it. Atleast bigger and more open layout than ASUS M-PRO motherboards.

thanks alpha , I got your point . But i have given you the link from a bangalore shop and i live in delhi . But it seems like it is available in delhi also because last week my friend went to nehru place and there were 5 assus zz extreme 4 in "computer peripherals" , he bought it but at price @ 10k . So i think i can find it in nehru place . But if it is not available then i cant take asus z77 m pro as my max budget is @ 10k . I have to take assus z77 m ( not pro) @ 9.5k . I am not so eager to buy it and can wait for max two months if more motherboard come to india particularly the biostar one at less price. What you suggest??

by the way can you show online links where gigabyte motherboards or msi motherboards are widely available- z77 series,

Besides when the asock official distibuter in india is willing to sell directly to you by shipping to your home or buying it from their main office or regional office why do you need to go searching

thanks alpha , I got your point . But i have given you the link from a bangalore shop and i live in delhi . But it seems like it is available in delhi also because last week my friend went to nehru place and there were 5 assus zz extreme 4 in "computer peripherals" , he bought it but at price @ 10k . So i think i can find it in nehru place . But if it is not available then i cant take asus z77 m pro as my max budget is @ 10k . I have to take assus z77 m ( not pro) @ 9.5k . I am not so eager to buy it and can wait for max two months if more motherboard come to india particularly the biostar one at less price. What you suggest??

Take your time Sire and buy whichever motherboard is available and has a good after sales system. Even I have been in Delhi for the past few weeks and I have to get to build up my knowledge of Nehru Place even after I work pretty close to the place.

I have been to SMC International on multiple times, because I am reviewing certain Cooler Master products.

Actually I have never seen that computer shop you had given the links for, it is based in Indranagar which is better known for boutiques, premium malls and basically the cream of Bangalore's society.

Actually I am not aware of BioSTAR's after sales party, so try to research before buying their peripherals.

by the way can you show online links where gigabyte motherboards or msi motherboards are widely available- z77 series.

Besides when the asock official distibuter in india is willing to sell directly to you by shipping to your home or buying it from their main office or regional office why do you need to go searching

Haven't seen any H77 / Z77 chipset based MSi and Gigabyte offerings in the market either, they are also obviously missing from the online stores as well.

Who is the official ASRock distributor in India?

Haven't seen any H77 / Z77 chipset based MSi and Gigabyte offerings in the market either, they are also obviously missing from the online stores as well.

Who is the official ASRock distributor in India?

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]There are two official Distributors of Asrock products right now :[/font]

Jupiter International Limited

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]265, Ground Floor, Dhanshri Building, [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]P.G.Solanki Path, Grant Road (East),[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Mumbai-400 007[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Ph: +91 22 3240 4660 , 2309 5682[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]e-mail:trivedi@jil-jupiter.com[/font]

SES Technologies

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]SES House - Plot 70C - Cross Road[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]MIDC - Marol Industrial Estate - Andheri (East)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]IN-400-093 Mumbai[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]India[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Phone : +91 (0)22 3086 2592[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Fax : +91 (0)22 3086 2607[/font]

by the way can you show online links where gigabyte motherboards or msi motherboards are widely available- z77 series,

No sir there are not much or any z77 motherboard from msi or gigabyte . but we have 6-7 asrock z77 motherboard - http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=58&keyword=&manufacturer_id=0&Itemid=53&orderby=product_cdate&limitstart=20

I also think if there is such horrible service of motherboard here , high price compare to U.S.A , no service for biostar ,,,, how many people in india actually overclock their CPU .

No sir there are not much or any z77 motherboard from msi or gigabyte . but we have 6-7 asrock z77 motherboard - http://www.primeabgb...e&limitstart=20

IIT topper Sire, Prime ABGB has the ASRock Z77 Pro-4 available ~9500/-, I think you can grab it from there, talk to #[member='chiragsthakur'].

I am terribly sorry Chirag Sir
bye22.gif
, aapki toh baati lagaa kar rakee hai as the go to guy for Prime ABGB.

Back