CPU/Mobo Motherboard suggestion

techygeek

Adept
I am looking for a motherboard with DDR3 support for my PC
I have a Intel Pentium D 2.66 GHz processor

I was thinking of Gigabyte G41M-T S2

will it work with my processor?????

As long as it is an LGA775 processor, it will work with that board w/o problems. I have run a P4 prescott on a very similar board with no problems. You can buy the board to make the switch to DDR3 and then move on to a different platform later.

A standard Gigabyte OR ASUS G-41 based motherboard should suffice.

As long as it is an LGA775 processor, it will work with that board w/o problems. I have run a P4 prescott on a very similar board with no problems. You can buy the board to make the switch to DDR3 and then move on to a different platform later.

OP's budget doesn't permit him to switch RAM to DDR III minimum budget needs to be 4K for that.

ALPHA17 said:
Haah we are advisors here not miracle workers.

How have you been Sir Amien, long time no see.
True. I think what TS was suggesting was that his budget for the motherboard is 2,500. It wouldn't be to much of a stretch to think that having specifically requested a DDR3 based motherboard, he would have taken into account the... uhm... DDR3 RAM needed to run it? If replacing all 3 core components (CPU+Mobo.+RAM) is a bit heavy on the pocket for the time being then this is a good way to go about it. (Replace Mobo+RAM > then CPU+Mobo).

I am very well and I hope you are too :) . Have just been a bit busy so haven't been able to come on as often as I'd like to. Nice to see you that you are still here.
Regards

Back