Moto G4 Launch on 17th May, to be Amazon India Exclusive

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1843287059/interview-motorola-approach-to-smartphone-imaging
Interview: "The best image as fast as possible" – Motorola's approach to smartphone imaging

The Moto G Plus is, in most respects, a mid-range device, but comes with a high-end camera specification. What was the decision process behind this design and specification?

If any forum member has bought a G4 Plus in the last week or two, please comment on the display ( yellowish tint ?).
Want to finally replace my G 1st gen.

JFYI : https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G...-Watt-and-25-Watt-turbo-chargers/td-p/3362934

EDIT : Solution to yellowish tint?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g4-plus/help/moto-g-4-plus-screen-yellowish-warm-t3416722

Last edited:
I genuinely dont know what the Verge guys are talking about? I have been using it for the last 10 days or so and its brilliant. Its the opposite of everything mentioned in that review. Its fast, responsive, the camera is a beast and the fingerprint unlock is insanely fast and accurate. No bloatware apps. My other phone is a Moto G first gen and this is a brilliant upgrade to that.

The screen size complaint is the only thing that makes sense. Some people do prefer a smaller screen depending on their hand size and comfort factor. But thats about it.

Did they get a faulty phone to review or something?

Yeah Amazon.

No yellow tint I have noticed. I will put it side by side with my old phone tonight to see if there is a difference to double check.

I got it about 10 days or so ago.

I tested it side by side with the Moto G first gen. I cant tell if there is a yellow tint or not. If you turn the brightness down to zero I think its a little warmer than the first gen Moto G but I still am not 100%, if it does have a tint either its not noticeable enough for me or I just cant tell.

AT review : http://www.anandtech.com/print/10514/the-motorola-moto-g4-and-g4-plus-review

I think the question of whether or not a user should buy the Moto G4 or Moto G4 Plus is heavily dependent on what they value in a smartphone ...

I would still say that the display is one of the best I've seen on a phone of this price ...

Moving from Snapdragon 410 to 617 has very little impact on the CPU performance results ...

The performance issues aren't just limited to benchmarks ... This is most certainly an issue of software rather than hardware, and stability issues with tests like PCMark battery don't inspire any confidence in the Moto G4's software quality either ...

As far as $200-300 smartphones go I don't think there's anything that competes with the Moto G4 Plus, and if you're someone who likes taking photos and wants to buy the Moto G4 it will probably be worth paying the $50 to get the better camera.

Based on the web test and GFXBench test results, the Moto G4 appears to provide good battery life.

Ultimately, I don't think the Moto G4 is a bad smartphone, but the Huawei Honor 5X provides an equally good experience and has been widely available since the start of the year. The Moto G4 has just arrived too late to be relevant. As we move toward the end of 2016 and into 2017, there are going to be new mid-range devices at these prices that greatly surpass the performance, camera, and build quality of the Moto G4, and even right now there are better options available.

On sale at Amazon : 13499 & 11999.

I wanted this to replace my G1, but the heating & screen tint issues scared me off.

On sale at Amazon : 13499 & 11999.

I wanted this to replace my G1, but the heating & screen tint issues scared me off.
I suggest you wait for a while for other new launches.
I'm planning to go for the older G Turbo at 8k-9k (after discount). I liked the newer specs of the G4 but I have that Leno-phobia. And that hugeass homescreen buttom looks really ugly.

I suggest you wait for a while for other new launches.
I'm planning to go for the older G Turbo at 8k-9k (after discount). I liked the newer specs of the G4 but I have that Leno-phobia. And that hugeass homescreen buttom looks really ugly.

You may get the X Play at that rate. I too am waiting for that.

@iPwnz read yesterday about a potential headphone jack issue in G Turbo. You may like to check that before placing the order.
Yea i saw someone mention it somewhere. might be "problems with tech" thing. many people have it and seem to be pleased with it.

Back