User Review Moto X 2014.After the buzz.

DSC00829.jpg
DSC00831.jpg
DSC00835.JPG
DSC00837.JPG
To start with,I must tell you before owning this device I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which was not only crtically acclaimed but was also a workhorse in a day to day usage.But according to me there are two reason for which a person changes its phone.First,the phone is not working,getting slow,software updates are not there etc.Second,you really get bored of the device because of whatever reason.May be your friends are upgrading and you want a new phone too or you girlfriend is threatning you to upgrade to iPhone otherwise she will dump you like the girl in song "Jagaur" dumps his guy for not having the audacity of buying an expensive car.F*** that materialistic girlfriend and friend.Atleast I think so because its convenient.Or may be you a want to experience something new in whatever terms may it be software or hardware and don't care about brands.My reason was the latter.In fact,I got so bored of the it that I started hating the thing which at a time was apple of my eye.Apple,not really,Samsung I would say.Anyways I was hell bent that I have to upgrade but whatever I will upgrade to will be something different and better than Samsung.I was not at all interested in Samsung products because of the shitty build quality and UI samsung provided at that time.At that time I had a typical Indian attitude of having something sasta aur tikao(Affordable and Reliable).At that time I was fascinated by simplistic and minimalistic UI of stock Android Lollipop.And I wanted something small in footprint[sounds weird for a guy????.....who was having 5.5in Phablet]because its more manageable for single handed use and most important stock lollipop and price tag around 30k.So after lot of goggling around I zeroed down on Moto X 2014.But there was only one problem.Its storage capacity.16 GB.At that time it only came in 16 gigs version which was a bummer but I decided to go ahead.I bought the device in December,14 and and after few days flipkart launched 32 gigs version.Com'on Flopkart cant you launched it earlier.What do you think I am?Amazon???

The Acual short review.

Now enough of story-telling.Coming straight to the business.When I recieved the device ,unboxed it and turned it on for the first time,I WAS BLOWN away.LIterally.I was captivated by the quality of the screen,the snappiness.Trust me when you are coming from 2 years old F**ked up note 2 with 720p display and that shitty Touchwiz UI.You will appreciate it.After few days I got the notificition to upgrade to Lollipop.Man,I waited for this more than I waited for the results of my board exams.I updated it.Things became more fluid.Now I am on Marshmallow.Though this is a great phone for the price but there some issues which are listed below

*16 GB stoage is not at all enough for me.I mean,I click a lot of photos,store a lot of music,HQ videos/movies.But since I dont have the option of expandable storage I am stuck but I have learned to manage.One plus point that saves me from this problem is OTG.

*Camera is not at all good.Atleat I find it horrible compared to note 2.

*After 1 year and 3 months of usage the charging port has gone loose.And signs of sluggishness are showing up,at least with apps that consumes high resources.

*Battery life is not that great great.Especially if you are heavy user.

The Good points

*I don't know if you this,this is a phone with a great SQ.Even better when you use it with poweramp and high quality music files.I used Phillips SHE 3590 which is cheap but a great pair of earphones.And man,it sounds good.Its a great media player with calling functionality.I think that instead of buying an Ipod touch one could buy this.Its cheaper,you can call with it,watch videos upto 4k resolution.And as far sound is concerned,its subjective.But I think if you purchase FLACS,Poweramp and a nice pair of earphones,it should serve the purpose well.

*STILL,performs good for normal user.I mean,sluggishiness is there but a phone/gadget gets slow over a period of time.Its normal.Its not like that its slow to an extent that it is unusable.It still performs decently.

*Great speakers.

*Great screen.

Why I am writing this?That too,so late?

First, to be brutally honest I have no work at this time.And when I am done with my work,I like to watch/read reviews.And this is the first time I am writing one.And the reason behind writing review aboout a device which is almost a year and half old is that because this is the phone I am using right now and I see a certain trend among the reviewers.They review things which are new.They are somewhat right.There are only few who want to buy an older device because of whatever reason.It can be possible that there is something in this phone that attracts you but when you vist youtube/forums most of the reviews are of the time when the device is launched.Nobody cares after it.Nobody cares how the device is performing now.And I believe sharing is caring.And this review is for the "fews".

Thanks for having the patience to read this review.I appreciate it.This is my fist review about anything.So please excuse my mistakes.And feel free to correct them and thats how we learn.I know there could be some grammatical/technical/spelling mistakes.But,hey its my fisrt time.Thanks
DSC00837.JPG

Well said....do post some camera snaps to validate your point regarding camera quality.... we need more such reviews..[emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji106]

I too like the phone . Hoping the current price drops below 15k for the 16gb one , then I may buy it . I'm already happy with my moto g , so I'm sure this one will be better and I love the amoled displays .

Well said....do post some camera snaps to validate your point regarding camera quality.... we need more such reviews..[emoji108] [emoji108] [emoji106] [emoji106]
Thanks for the gratitude.Your appreciations give boost to novices like me.I'll try posting some images but on the lighter note I think nobody will be interested in it because I live in a place which is one of the filthiest city in India and there is not much to capture and selfies ,you won't like it coz I am no Arnold Schwarzenegger.I ll try my best to upload it ASAP.thanks.once again everyone for liking this.

I see a certain trend among the reviewers. They review things which are new. They are somewhat right. There are only few who want to buy an older device because of whatever reason. It can be possible that there is something in this phone that attracts you but when you vist youtube/forums most of the reviews are of the time when the device is launched. Nobody cares after it. Nobody cares how the device is performing now.
Well said. Its true. Only a few people (mostly online community members) bother to re-visit their OP and post updates. And its sometimes hilarious when reviewers say that "phone is super smooth and fluid", I mean seriously?? NEW phones with good specs are not suppose to immediately freaking lag on Day 1 lol.
A small suggestion, leave a space after punctuations. Post is readable but texts are too close to each other.
Good review. Would loved to read more original posts like this. Honestly I'm bored reading reviews which start off with "introduction...specs, performance bla..bla..bla.." especially when it comes to phones, so much i simply jump to the battery section after looking at some pictures and gaming.
As for the limited storage, you might have already done this but, store the videos on a pendrive and regularly backup the photos. Like you i take a lot of photos with my phone. At least in your case your phone camera is good, mine is shit. :/

My mom is using Moto G 2...Moto G3 added water resistance which is an attraction...Moto X has this feature?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey OP and all X2 owners.
My friends X2 is busted.
Display damaged and screen cracked.

Guys any1 knows a cheaper alternative as service center is charging 8k

Hey OP and all X2 owners.
My friends X2 is busted.
Display damaged and screen cracked.

Guys any1 knows a cheaper alternative as service center is charging 8k
Actually you can google for online mobile fixing sites.Some of them are really good as experienced by my friends.They provide cheaper replacements with less warranty.Or you can go to your trusted local mobile engineer and ask him if he can fix it and provide warranty

Back