Moto X4 launched

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/techno...h-in-india-soon-hints-motorola/1/1050399.html

Going by some reports that Motorola and Google were in works to bring an Android One phone for a long time now. Reports further hint that the Android One Motorola device will come with a price tag between -- $200 and $300, which roughly translates to Rs 12,700 - Rs 19,000. Originally, Moto X4 bridges the gap between the premium and the budget phones. The smartphone is an upper-tier mid-range and will retail at 399 Euros, which translates to Rs 30,000 approx. Moto X4 Android One phone will be a budget device.

An IP68 625 phone for 25k with Updates kindof linked to google. Sounds good to me.

Is the Android one variant at least rumoured to be coming to india or just the base X4?

Last edited:
Launched today. 21K for 3GB/32GB variant and 23K for 4GB/64GB variant.
Doesn't look like it's the Android one variant though.

Feels a bit overpriced for snapdragon 630. Wonder how the camera has improved over G5S plus.
Although this is IP68 certified, I wish it also had a bigger battery.

I'm getting the 3GB/32GB one for 13.5K after exchange (Le 2) and card discount. Good enough deal?

Last edited:
Better processor and camera
Right, and the IP68 rating. But for the 4gb/64gb version I'll have to shell 2K more. If moto x4 has a dedicated SD card slot, I'm fine with 3gb/32gb variant.

totally depends on your needs. personally I would get mi mix in this price range but this looks good too.
Mi Max 2 with a 6.5" screen just feels too large. Although I would've preferred a 5.5" screen on X4, still mi mix feels too big. A friend has this, and the camera is quite decent.

The biggest reason I wanna jump on this offer is that it's giving me almost 5.5K+ for my one yr old Le2, which originally I had got for almost same price with exchange.

I have a similar query, I am a Oneplus One user, I am currently looking for sub 20k phone, does it make sense to get Moto X4? I am getting pricing of around 16k (after exchange and card discount)

I have a similar query, I am a Oneplus One user, I am currently looking for sub 20k phone, does it make sense to get Moto X4? I am getting pricing of around 16k (after exchange and card discount)
Moto g5s plus is the better option then X4 for 8k price difference, 16k for 4/6gb and 628 is worth Imo.

Here's what my it boils down to... for me at least
Moto G5S plus 4/64 - (10.5K after exchange)
Moto X4 3/32 - (13.5K after exchange and disc) -> Makes sense for me over g5s+ but will lose out on ram and storage
Moto X4 4/64 - (15.3K after exchange and disc) -> unsure if the 5K diff is worth the gains over g5s+.

Back