Motorola Atrix - "Modem Did Not Power Up (0)" Error

jainanshal

Disciple
Had ordered an Atrix for a friend from US and received it few days back but right from the first boot its stuck on the boot screen with Moto logo and displays the error, "Modem did not power up (0)" and below that in the next line, "Starting RSD Protocol". The phone boots up fine in other modes like Boot Android (No BP) but doesn't have network. Also under settings i can see Baseband as "Unknown".

Have seen almost all XDA threads pertaining to the issue but didn't find any solution. I have tried flashing the latest ROM via RSD and also flashing only the radio but nothing works. Flashing completes but the story remains the same.

Would like to know if anyone has encountered this error on their Atrix and were able to solve it? Also, what are my (or friend's, not sure whose :( ) other options now with this cell? Its actually a New phone.

I think your best bet would be to get a motherboard replacement for the Atrix. Try contacting some mobile shops that are big and have good contacts, I am sure they should be able to help you out.

Back