I am thinking of buying a mp3 player which should have
-FLAC support
-FM
-expandable memory (microSD)
-NO NEED for video playback
-smallest size possible

budget ~10k

Cowon D2 is best for that budget
get a d2 for 9k odd 8gb model and with 1k get a good earphones pl11 for 585 from amarbir is a good option or something better.

Or you can get an Amp3 pro2. I have that player and its amazing. Its not very intuitive as say the D2 but its not too big and the sound is mindblowing ! You can get it from Jaben.net along with a Crossroads Quattro for approx 8.5k. You can sell the Quattro for about 3k to get an effective price of Rs 5.5k for the Amp3. Its only 4 GB but supports upto 16 GB micro sd cards.

d2 is touchy :p and ha video playback (not complaining but i may save for headphones )

a bit sturdy one should be better

I am a bit rough handler

Well the Amp3 is made of metal. If I was traveling late at night and was mugged I would be confident that if I use the amp3 as a weapon it would knock out the mugger and will still function ! :)

Grease Monk said:
I saw a Sansa Fuze in E-Zone. So it is likely they will have the Clip as well.

The Clip+ hasn't been launched in India. Most TE folks picked it up from the Amazon GO which KMD handled. Get in touch with him, he might still have a few pieces left over. 2k for a 2GB player

Wish clip supported AAC. I mean with mp3, wma and vorbis covered, if it supported AAC to then almost EVERY audio file would be played back easily.

Back