Graphic Cards MSI 6850 card sent for RMA thru Digicare (2 weeks - no respone yet)

zibalingz

Disciple
Hello,

Two weeks ago my MSI 6850 cyclone edition (under warranty) stopped working (no display) I took to the Digicare RMA center at Lamington road, they told me it would take 10 days to receive a repaired card and I would get some email update from MSI's end on the GPU but I haven't got anything yet, and the collection center folks are also clueless about the card and its status

Now I've read thru a lot of complaints and nightmarish scenarios faced by others on the net on dealing with MSI's RMA service, Some people got their card back after waiting for a month and the repaired GPU stopped working and they had to take it back to the RMA center and wait another month to get it back! :(

I would like to know how to go about this? is there a way to expedite the process? Is there someone I can contact at MSI?

Any help would b greatly appreciated!

@Aman27deep : Care to pitch in on this one? AFAIK, you had sent you GTX560Ti for RMA as well right?

I'm curious to see how this turns out. Almost certain my card might go into RMA sooner or later too, as the temps are shooting as high as 93 degrees. Reading this is making me regret I went for MSI.

OP, do keep us updated on your progress.

I have emailed Arjun Pal at MSI, I'm not sure of his position but he is supposedly the guy to talk to regadring rma issues,

Hope he comes thru, will keep you posted :)

@zibalingz: When did you purchase the card?
I am having a 6850 which started developing artifacts and would make the display go black after windows loaded the driver(that is after login screen), tested in two different PCs.
I am confused if MSI offers 2 or 3 years warranty?
Bought the card from SMC in September 2011

I purchased mine in 2011 too.
And yeah your card is dying, MSI graphic cards have a 3 yr warranty. so go ahead and rma it since you have another year on it

I went to DIGICARE and gave it to RMA, to my horror two more R6850 where there for RMA, seems the batch of 2011 is faulty, next time will not go for MSI

.Are you from Mumbai?

Sucks to hear about the faulty cards from 2011, hopefully both our issues get resolved quickly although you might have to apply some pressure on them to get the job done.

@Aman27deep : Care to pitch in on this one? AFAIK, you had sent you GTX560Ti for RMA as well right?

I'm curious to see how this turns out. Almost certain my card might go into RMA sooner or later too, as the temps are shooting as high as 93 degrees. Reading this is making me regret I went for MSI.

OP, do keep us updated on your progress.

Sorry for the late reply.

After giving my card for RMA to digicare Calcutta - I had to wait a good 29 days before I received my card back. And even on the day that I got my card back, the staff were incompetent and had lost my card in their warehouse. I had to stand there for 3 hours to get my job done. Never again purchasing MSI again. At this current time, EVGa and Asus are the best it seems.

Sorry for the late reply.

After giving my card for RMA to digicare Calcutta - I had to wait a good 29 days before I received my card back. And even on the day that I got my card back, the staff were incompetent and had lost my card in their warehouse. I had to stand there for 3 hours to get my job done. Never again purchasing MSI again. At this current time, EVGa and Asus are the best it seems.

Son of a b....! I'm going to go with Asus or EVGA, if it's a nVidia card and Sapphire for AMD. A month to replace an electronic product is unacceptable.

Same story here i gave my zotac card to aditya infotech after 40 days and a lot of tug of war between me,aditya and Zotac, finally providing the proper replacement but have to wait another 3 days.

^^ Correct. Which is a good thing as Rashi is a bad company to deal with. They have even closed their Lamington Road branch and only Goregaon office is there for those who want to do RMA.

I haven't RMA my mouse as their Goregaon office is quite far for me. :(

You have got to be kidding me!

@zibalingz : How is your progress on the RMA front?

Sorry for the late reply but I literally got my card back yesterday and to my surprise its not a 6850 but instead its been replaced with a msi 6950 twin frozr iii
Its not brand new, looks like they replaced my 6850 with a used 6950

The card itself is humongous, it barely fits in my case, the card sags a bit and it runs loud and hot!

Still testing it out with games and obviously it runs games like Bf4 and Tomb raider on higher settings than the 6850 but I hope the card lasts long enough until I decide to buy a new GPU

Will keep you posted on how the card performs in detail a bit later

Here is the card they sent me

MSI_R6950_Twin_Frozr_III_Power_Edition_Intro.jpg

Last edited:
Guys i have some Questions.. i have MSI 6850 2011 model not sure, whenever i play game like crysis , bf4, while playing gives me black screen and systems used to go in power off state. I thought this was a smps issue, so i purchased corsair vs 550 last week and to my surprise the same thing happen again today, When i installed and clicked on start new game and after the initial load screen on BF4 screen went black and have to manually restart it. Can some one help me, i have AMD Phenom X3, 4 GB Ram, CM 650 extreme (old smps), New corsair vs550.

Guys i have some Questions.. i have MSI 6850 2011 model not sure, whenever i play game like crysis , bf4, while playing gives me black screen and systems used to go in power off state. I thought this was a smps issue, so i purchased corsair vs 550 last week and to my surprise the same thing happen again today, When i installed and clicked on start new game and after the initial load screen on BF4 screen went black and have to manually restart it. Can some one help me, i have AMD Phenom X3, 4 GB Ram, CM 650 extreme (old smps), New corsair vs550.

Whats your mother board ? Have you tried to run system without GFX Card ?

PS: Though this is 6850 related thread I would suggest you to open new thread so as to get better responses, not every one would be able to have a look on your query. :)

Whats your mother board ? Have you tried to run system without GFX Card ?

PS: Though this is 6850 related thread I would suggest you to open new thread so as to get better responses, not every one would be able to have a look on your query. :)

I have an Asus M4A785 Evo mobo, i havent tried without gfx. Will try to make separate thread, Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply but I literally got my card back yesterday and to my surprise its not a 6850 but instead its been replaced with a msi 6950 twin frozr iii
Its not brand new, looks like they replaced my 6850 with a used 6950

The card itself is humongous, it barely fits in my case, the card sags a bit and it runs loud and hot!

Still testing it out with games and obviously it runs games like Bf4 and Tomb raider on higher settings than the 6850 but I hope the card lasts long enough until I decide to buy a new GPU

Will keep you posted on how the card performs in detail a bit later

Here is the card they sent me

MSI_R6950_Twin_Frozr_III_Power_Edition_Intro.jpg

Congrats buddy. As you know thats a sweet upgrade! Hope I get an upgrade for my gtx 560ti as well!

Back