MSI Graphic Card RMA Issue

topgear

Adept
31st May : MSI HD6850 graphic card submitted for RMA into Digicare Kolkata branch.

5th June : Got the card repaired.

12th June : Due to non functionality of the card again submitted into the same branch of Digicare and after that I got the card repaired two more times in between 12th June and 25 th June ..

25 Th June , when I went into Digicare to collect the card they were giving me the same repaired card and I simply refused this this time. They told me to Contact Tayan Som. So had a talk with him and said him I got the card same card repaired 3 times and due to the bad quality of repair work this card is having same issue ( which is getting worse with every repair work ) again and again and I want a replacement uint. He said to submit the card again and I did submit it again.

Now here's some Interesting part : When I submitted the card on the 12th June the Digicare Guys wrote on the Remark part of the RMA receipt that : "Customer needs replacement" but instead of replacement I got the repaired card.

Now again when I submitted it they wrote the same thing and the card came back from RMA in repaired condition which quality is very pathetic to say the least. So on the basis of previous experinces I simply refused to take the card. And submitted it for RMA again on the same day without taking it out from the service center so no one can make some funny stories later.

I asked Digicare guys why is this happening again and again : they replied that they don't have proper testing and repair facility in Kolkata branch so they need to send it to Delhi for repair and testing. Now the main issue with the card is it works fine in desktop mode but as soon as I start playing game or use any benchmark app the whole screen will gray out or show corrupt textures and images and the repair work only lasts for either 5 day or 2 day or only 1 hence Digicare ( Kolkata ) recommended to replace the unit.

Now Due to the extensive repair work done by either Digicare ( Delhi ) or MSI ( Delhi ) the serial no. sticker of the card almost wearing off ( no warranty without serial ) and when I pointed this to the representative at the service center he just used cello tape to stick it with the card and told it will be Ok.

Anyway, I'm sick tired of this repair game and with every repair the card is getting worse .. in stability and physical condition ( repair marks and the sticker issue ) both and with such pathetic repair work this issue won't be solved unless I get a good replacement for this card ( heard MSI sometime offer people sub par refurbished products as replacement ). So after all these hassle what I want is a proper replacement of the product.

Can anyone give the e-mail id's of MSI Taiwan HQ or whom whould I contact on this ?

here's the RMA Delivery Challan and Receipt .. look at the marked parts : ( personal details edited ) :

y4clOHx.jpg

wosyoSO.jpg

This really scares me as I myself have to give my GTX 560-ti for RMA soon at the very same Digicare soon. Only one of the two fans works, and there's some artifacts sometimes.

contact here with all this proof

brianccchen@msi.com

if problem is not solved then i will give you his father's mail id. also.

sent him an e-mail with every proof and description in chronological order on 27th ( 7:50 AM it's 9.20 AM on Taiwan ) and got a reply within 4 minutes that he will double check and reply soon but getting no further update sent a reminder e-mail on yesterday ( but it's may be weekend there ) so still waiting for a proper reply/solution and Digicare ( like always ) is still showing repair in progress.

This whole RMA is taking over a month now and I had to visit the service center 6 times ( total waste of time ). What a shame for MSI !

accel is no good, I had my share of experience with them regarding GB mobo and before going to digicare I did contact acri ( distributor) of my msi gfx card but they don't provide rma support for msi and even don't has any clue about who provides.

Anyway, I'll contact acro but the card is still with digicare and after all their repair works it's not in a very good condition even the serial no. sticker is wearing off which is crucial for rma so I fear if I accept the card in such conditions then no one will accept it when I need Rma support again.

btw, can you please give me the email id of Mr. Ganesh Shibaraman.[DOUBLEPOST=1372659956][/DOUBLEPOST]got a mail from Brain that he is waiting for the reply from local MSI rep. Arjun Pal and one of the rep. of Digicare on this issue and update me soon.

update : got a mail from arjun pal of msi that their SC has found no issue with the vga card.

Sent him a mail with all the points why I won't accept the repaired card.

Arjun Pal called me at 11 today and said all he has mailed me but I insisted on replacement so he said he will give me a exact same model "not new" but with different serial number.

And about the serial number sticker issue he said every vga card has one external and one internal serial so even if for some reason the sn sticker is not present on the card there should not be any trouble in Rma it. Don't how true it is.

Btw, I've a doubt what if he hands me over the old card with a new serial number sticker though he told me he will arrange the replacement from buffer stock.[DOUBLEPOST=1372926159][/DOUBLEPOST]mailed brian to know if arjun is telling the right thing about the serial no and mailed arjun on how to find the so called internal serial ?

But, the most strange thing is when I go to digicare website to check the rma status using the call id/ rma no. I am getting no matches found message. So I think something very fishy is going on or they are in the process of hand me back the old card with new serial number?[DOUBLEPOST=1372930250][/DOUBLEPOST]Brian and Arjun both replied but Arjun got angry and he called me up. Started with english and then hindi and told a lot of stuff like I don't trust him and other craps like why do I always have to double check with hq etc. Anyway, I only replied here's no question of trudt and I was only looking for information.

Sent a mail to the head of digicare east on Friday around 6PM about the call id and got a reply around at 7 pm that the card is ready to dispatch and I can pick it up. So went to Digicare yesterday to get the card .. here' some shots :

cqJatvR.jpg

HEb15PA.jpg

16K6KrL.jpg

aXVBTjm.jpg

CG0UBGU.jpg

7ARzqWt.jpg

And thanks to all for supporting me through out this ;-)

I think the serial no is in bios of card also. If you look in catalyst control center, in information you should be able to see the serial no.

Did you get new card as replacement or old?

Submitted my Graphic card MSI R6770 DDR5 at logic technologies, Digicare service partners,Bhopal, India on 12/08/2013 becoz of no display. They told that it has to be sent to Indore for repair work and i should call them after a week to check the status. After a week when i contacted them they told me that they have sent the card to Bangalore becoz the repair couldn't be done in Indore.
its already been over a month now and whenever i contact them they tell that the status is pending from Bangalore itself. The card is under warrenty.
I contacted them a no. of times but haven't got any satisfactory answers on their behalf. plz help guys..i m fed up of this digicare RMA shit...
how should i proceed...i would be really greatful if u guys can help..

View attachment 27303 i couldnt start a new post because the there is a error in posting.View attachment 27304

Try emailing someone higher up in their office with your complaint. Also check status of your complaint on their site online.

smt.digicare.in/StatusCheck.aspx

Try emailing someone higher up in their office with your complaint. Also check status of your complaint on their site online.

smt.digicare.in/StatusCheck.aspx
i have alreday checked the status online.
its showing repair in progress...
do you know whom to contact ??....
since msi india is closed so i dont know whom to contact..

Back