OC & Modding MSI GTX580 Lightning + Gigabyte UD7 + Corsair AX1200 Under LN2

thebanik

Skilled
4 guyz from ****** met at my place for some LN2 overclocking on Saturday, but when friends meet, benchmarking takes a back seat and drinking takes front seat, :p JD, Mohit, Sachin were there alongwith me. Still we did some benchmarking, pictures of which JD would have to post. No meaningful scores were obtained on the first day due to extreme humidity in Delhi, but it showed where we needed to insulate more thoroughly and today I went ahead and benched again albeit only a few ltrs of LN2 was left, also sadly my PCIe slot was running at x8, noticed it after LN2 was over. So another session would be planned very very soon. Card has got a lot more into it but sadly my GPU Pot is not capable enough to remove that kind of heat effectively.

As always all this would not have been possible without the unwavering support and credit of Mr. Saini from SMC International, Gigabyte, MSI, Corsair. Though everything apart from the Corsair AX1200W is paid from my pocket, :p. Anyways enough with the blabbering, and let me post my rig specs :

Intel i7 2600K

Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3
- This is such an awesome board that after my Review Sample died, I bought a new one to replace it.

MSI GTX580 Lightning - Awesome Card, must have for every overclocker.

Kingston 2000Mhz HyperX

Corsair AX1200 - Everyone knows this is an awesome PSU. This can handle even a SLI GTX580 overclocked to the extreme. It is such a magnificient PSU.

CoolerMaster Benchtable - My 24/7 benchtable, alongwith being used for benching. Simple, cheap and effective.

I was just concentrating on Benchmarks which are not limited by CPU but GPU, so only Vantage, 3DMark11 and Unigine was benchmarked, anyways LN2 was in short supply since the temperature needed to maintain such clocks were in the range of -110C(Load) to -140C(Idle). Anyways below are the scores from the session:

3DMark11 - 9576 - GTX580 @ 1250/1100 - Was an initial run, when I didnt know the memory limit. They can easily do 1200Mhz, so next run would have bumped up memory clocks.

index.php

3dMark Vantage - 36098 - GTX580@ 1250Mhz/1200Mhz - A bit limited by CPU, so next time would see more bumped up CPU clocks.

index.php

Unigine - 1867 - GTX580 @ 1200/1200

index.php

And the mandatory frosty pics from the session. Kindly ignore the dust on the fans, :p

index.php

index.php

index.php

Back