MSI MB/VGA RMA Announcement (Aforeserve.com)

Hi,
A week ago I have sent my MSI Z97 gaming motherboard to aforeserve service center in Delhi. It was having a issue of BSOD due to some radio frequency related problem. I sent them the full motherboard package with every peripherals and branded box and completely followed every instructions for packaging. They told me they won't pickup courier as I am living in out of bluedart courier service range. I sent them the package via dtdc. After 3 days they replied 2 me dat d motherboard has no such problem nd dey sending d card back. After a week today I got my motherboard back...... But my box and peripherals gone!!!! They sent d mb only, bit no box, no peripherals, no driver cd, no io shield.. Nothing! Now u tell what 2 do. This is completely unacceptable. What kind of service is this! Thinking of complaining it 2 consumer forum. Such a bad service.

My rma no. Is - RTAA-15317005

Please tell me what to do.

Please contact Arjun Pal directly. He will solve it personally for you.

Hi,

I had issues with my GTX 650 2gb card and so I sent it to afforeserve after they generated the RMA. They after 17 days sent a replacement card which stopped working after 1 day. I am attaching the emails that I have sent regarding that.

My graphics card is not working and pc is hanging and I have to restart everytime, I can't play any games. I need service for my MSI gtx 650 2GB|OC card.

Purchase date : 24 August 2013

Card's serial number : 602-V809-54SD1303059772

Contact number : +91 8146554060.

Address : Shiv Kumar C/O #113 (ground floor), shahi majra,
phase 5, industrial area,
Mohali - 160059, Punjab
Landmark : behind J.D. residency

Problem : My pc is hanging while using the graphics card and I am unable to play any of the games. It just crashes while playing any game and then hangs the PC and then I can't even use task manager to end the process and thus have to restart and this happens everytime now. I have a corsair 550 W PSU and intel core I3 3220 process and kingsten hyperx 8GB ram.
I have tested from my very end for the fault, updated the graphics card drivers and now even updated the windows from windows 7 to windows 10 but I couldn't fix this issue.
I have removed the graphics card now and now using the onboard integrated intel HD 2500 graphics and now I can play the same games at reduced graphics without any hanging and pc restarts. So the card is faulty.

Kindly either repair it or replace it as you deem fit and do the needful.

Then again I have written another mail regarding the issue with replacement card which wasn't even the card that I agreed for replacement( The guy over call said that they dont have 650 gtx but they have N750 1 GB so I agreed but what I received was a AMD R7 250 1GB which is faulty too).

I have received R7 250 1GD5 OC in place of my original product N650-2GD5/OC 2 GB.

And I checked all the specs against it and the R7 250 is not a good card as compared to N650 2GB.

When the person called regarding card replacement confirmation he said that he will be providing N750 1GB and thats why I agreed that even though its is only 1 GB memory but atleast a higher version. And now I have got this R7 250 card which from its looks seem to me as a used card (came into a box without proper factory packing(written MSI Graphics card ) ).

If I knew they would be sending me AMD card instead of NVIDIA I would have never agreed for that kind of replacement. This whole time I was thinking that I will get NVIDIA's N750 GTX 1 GB. But I get this R7 250.

Kindly do the needful and replace this card with N750 NVIDIA card or something similar. I don't want a AMD card.

I hope you understand my frustration after waiting for 17 days I get a used card as replacement.

This replacement card is faulty and it failed after 2 days of use and it has stopped working now. Display got pixellated all of a sudden and then no display. I removed the graphics card and now I am using another graphics card and my pc is working fine.

Kindly replace this faulty card with either original 650 gtx 2GB OC or any better card of Nvidia.

Kindly do the needful. If no action is seen I may have to complaint in consumer forums and consumer court.

I really don't understand why they sent a faulty card as replacement that too what I didn't agree for. Please do something I am really frustrated and I had to buy a new card because I cant take this waiting for 15 -17 days any long.

Give them a call, stop sending emails.
Thats becuase there customer care numbers are not working. Getting a engaged beep and disconnects after 5 sec. Last time it was ringing and I selected 2(afforserve) and then all it said was please hold the line, all our representatives are busy. I waited for 8 minutes and then I had to cut the call because I don't think that 8 minutes of waiting time is the way for a customer care. I did that 3 times and the same thing happened.

Thats why I had the only option as email.

Hi,

I had issues with my GTX 650 2gb card and so I sent it to afforeserve after they generated the RMA. They after 17 days sent a replacement card which stopped working after 1 day. I am attaching the emails that I have sent regarding that.

Then again I have written another mail regarding the issue with replacement card which wasn't even the card that I agreed for replacement( The guy over call said that they dont have 650 gtx but they have N750 1 GB so I agreed but what I received was a AMD R7 250 1GB which is faulty too).

I really don't understand why they sent a faulty card as replacement that too what I didn't agree for. Please do something I am really frustrated and I had to buy a new card because I cant take this waiting for 15 -17 days any long.

Contact Arjun Pal (arjunpal@msi.com) for MSI components issues directly.

Thats becuase there customer care numbers are not working. Getting a engaged beep and disconnects after 5 sec. Last time it was ringing and I selected 2(afforserve) and then all it said was please hold the line, all our representatives are busy. I waited for 8 minutes and then I had to cut the call because I don't think that 8 minutes of waiting time is the way for a customer care. I did that 3 times and the same thing happened.

Thats why I had the only option as email.

Sent you a PM.

Hi, I recently had to RMA my MSI Z87 G43 Gaming motherboard because the motherboard suddenly stopped booting after turning on overclock with default MSI settings. I've used the default settings for more than a year, turned them off just to test something and never booted up after turning it on again. Bluedart tracking says delivered to 'Sunil' right now. Hoping it'll arrive soon and I won't face problems like people here do.

Hi guys,

Its been 45 days. I been talking and sending mails. I sent mail to Arjun paul and Mohit Gautom too. They even said my issue will be resolved. Still I don't know what they were doing. Last time 10 days back I was so irated I sent an email telling that I will complaint in consumer court and then next day I got call from Mohit Gautam of afforserve that my issue will be resolved and they will replace the GPU. Still no update on that. I really don't know how bad can a warranty claim goes ?
They had sent me a wrong GPU as replacement that too was faulty and now no updates given. 11 days from last talk with the guys of afforserve.

Please do something someone responsible in here?

Wow, i've dealt with rashi peripherals (supposedly the worst) multiple times before and while it was a crappy experience overall it wasn't as frustrating as what i'm reading here about afoserve. Going to tell my friends to stay away from msi as they are clearly not serious about the Indian market. Corsair and Gigabyte are the other two brands I tell people to avoid.

Hi, I recently had to RMA my MSI Z87 G43 Gaming motherboard because the motherboard suddenly stopped booting after turning on overclock with default MSI settings. I've used the default settings for more than a year, turned them off just to test something and never booted up after turning it on again. Bluedart tracking says delivered to 'Sunil' right now. Hoping it'll arrive soon and I won't face problems like people here do.[/QUOT
Wow, i've dealt with rashi peripherals (supposedly the worst) multiple times before and while it was a crappy experience overall it wasn't as frustrating as what i'm reading here about afoserve. Going to tell my friends to stay away from msi as they are clearly not serious about the Indian market. Corsair and Gigabyte are the other two brands I tell people to avoid.
You can always reach Arjun Pal directly to get updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
My talk with them is just getting disturbing. The bluedart tracking showed delivered on Saturday. I called them to ask an update on Monday, and they told me they'll pick it up from my home in few days, duhh, it's picked up and already delivered. Then they said they haven't received it and kept saying the same until wednesday. Then I called Arjun Pal on wednesday and he mailed me back that they have received it and will be repaired in 2 working days. They promised me 6 days before sending and It's been 9 days already.

My talk with them is just getting disturbing. The bluedart tracking showed delivered on Saturday. I called them to ask an update on Monday, and they told me they'll pick it up from my home in few days, duhh, it's picked up and already delivered. Then they said they haven't received it and kept saying the same until wednesday. Then I called Arjun Pal on wednesday and he mailed me back that they have received it and will be repaired in 2 working days. They promised me 6 days before sending and It's been 9 days already.

Please be patient, there's holiday as i know last week for India.

Screenshot_2015-10-06-07-53-44_1.jpg

Hello, I just received this mail. What does this mean. They received my mobo or the replacement one of what ?

I would like to complain and share my horrendous RMA experience with MSI.

I bought a 25K worth MOBO, MSI X99A Gaming 7, few months back and its BIOS chip had a problem since day one where it won't start if the system was completely shut down. So after doing a BIOS update around the end of January, it finally stopped booting.

To speed up the RMA process i personally drove to the RMA centre in Nehru Place. Delhi and delivered the MOBO on 27 Jan. It took them several weeks to find a replacement and i finally got one yesterday on 17th Feb. To my surprise it was not a new unboxed MOBO and they told me it's company policy to provide refurbished MOBOs. Are you kidding me? How can someone "refurbish" or "repair" such complex components in India? I didn't argue and took the replacement since my livelihood depends on working on my computer and i couldn't afford to wait any longer. I'm a graphics designer & Digital Advertiser and heavily rely working on Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro.

The board, according to serial no., was made in 02-2015. While the one i bought was 06-2015 made. It had scratches on the heat sink etc but i ignored all of it as i just wanted to see a working MOBO. The tech guy (aforeserve) booted the MOBO infront of me and i was okay with it, ignoring the fact he used a single RAM stick, kept an outdated CPU heatsink on top and used a unbranded PSU (not certified 80 plus) to boot it.

I got back home and assembled it and used my 3000 rupees thermal paste that i bought from newegg. I plugged my 32 GB (8 sticks) RAM and it didn't boot. But i finally managed to make it work by slowly adding RAM and doing some hit and trials. After booting into OS i noticed that i was getting random restarts without any BSODs. Event log showed a kernel power error.

So, i tested it with MSI Kombuster and used the CPU burning test. As soon as i ran the test it restarted. And problem seems to be related to North Bridge of the MOBO where it simply restarts every time CPU gets on load. So, they gave me a faulty MOBO and i'm highly pissed from this BS service. Man, i thought ASUS had poor service but at least they always give you brand new unboxed hardware whenever i had any problems. Waiting time is tolerable & to certain point understandable but actually giving some used old MOBO that doesn't even work is unacceptable.

Now i sent the board back but i can't wait another month just to relive the same experience. MSI has now forced me to consider buying a new X99 MOBO from a different manufacturer. The reason i came here is that i wanted to warn other users about their "company policy" where they just hand out old used stuff and stall the customer who trusted MSI to buy their products.

I would also appreciate if there is a way to make this complaint on an international level because i think the Indian MSI support guys simply don't give a crap about customer experience.

the "refurbish" policy is actually common for mobos and gpus.
had a similar experience with my xfx hd4850 through rashi chennai.
it's pretty sucky, no arguments there.

Back