MSI MB/VGA RMA Announcement (Aforeserve.com)

MSI support is done by third party service provider. Local standards are not on par with international standards. Very sorry about this if anybody pursuing RMA services face not good experiences.

the "refurbish" policy is actually common for mobos and gpus.
had a similar experience with my xfx hd4850 through rashi chennai.
it's pretty sucky, no arguments there.
I see bro. :( But in the past I have RMAed products from Gigabyte (motherboard) and ASUS (R9-280X-GPU) and i had zero hassle in getting in replacements. My Gigabyte MOBO died and my warranty left on it was 2 weeks and they gave me new MOBO without any questions asked. My best experience with RMA is western digital and Gigabyte.

For ASUS, R9-280X-DC2T, they probably checked the graphics glitch i was having and sent me a new replacement, which took more time than expected but eventually i was given a new card without any fuss.

MSI is whole another story though, where they will give keep giving you used, old MOBOs probably sent for RMA as well and see for how long customer can keep wasting his time and then give up. This policy I think is just to save money.

I opened my MSI case on their official forum as well, so here's hoping someone competent would help me:
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=268330.0

Copy pasting my entire case here:
Ishan said:
Hey guys,

I'm in need of some serious help and support because my patience has now completely exhausted and now I have lost all hope of getting back my motherboard. Now firstly, I would like to point out that I'm still a fan of MSI products but I have to confess that they got some horrendous RMA service here in India.

I will copy paste my support case conversation:
COMPLAINT ABOUT WARRANTY HANDLING AND SERVICE
Last Post: 2016-03-15 00:01:13, Create: 2016-02-23 15:28:05

My System Specs:
~MOBO: MSI X99A Gaming 7
~CPU: i7-5820K @3.3 GHz
~CPU Cooler: Swiftech H320
~GPU: MSI GTX 980Ti 6G gaming edition
~RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @2800 MHz
~SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
~PSU: Antec HCP 1300W

Prob: Around the end of Jan I performed a BIOS update as per suggestion from MSI live update. After that my system stopped booting altogether. Dual BIOS also didn't help and all sorts of hardware troubleshooting mentioned on MSI forums didn't resolve my issue so I opted for RMA.

I submitted my MOBO directly at the MSI service center in Delhi, Nehru Place on 27th Jan and it took several weeks to arrange a replacement MOBO.

I went again to pick it up on 10th Feb. But to my surprise they gave me some old used MOBO. The tech guy tested the replacement MOBO and showed me that it booted by inserting a single RAM stick and keeping an old outdated heatsink on top of X99 CPU. The PSU he used was not even branded or certified 80+.

After i got back home and reassembled my rig i found out that i was getting random restarts whenever i was doing any normal operations inside my computer. I thought it was some driver issue but ultimately i discovered the replacement MOBO was yet again faulty. Where it restarted the system whenever i tried to start MSI CPU Burner test in MSI Kombuster.

I'm deeply disappointed by this deceitful behaviour where they gave me some old junk that doesn't even work. So i would appreciate if someone could help me on it.

Dear Sir:
Sorry I received you message in chaotic order and not readable.
System message showed that the email might be wrong. Can you please check again?

Thank you!
Best Regards
MSI Customer Service Dept.

Sorry, I cant paste my original message again due to 1000 character limit. My main point is that i submitted my MSI MOBO for RMA and after weeks they gave me an old used MOBO with scratches and stuff. After testing that MOBO i found out that it was also faulty.

I wasted expensive thermal paste in the process and i'm disappointed & annoyed by the fact that i got played as a fool where my replacement MOBO was most likely a faulty MOBO which may have been RMAed as well by its previous owner.

I'm a graphics designer & digital advertiser and because of this i'm in a very uncomfortable position where i'm having trouble dealing with my clientele as i have no workstation at home now & i have to pull long hours at my office.

Dear Sir:
I've passed your complaint to local service center and they will contact you with their report very soon.
Sorry for inconvenience caused!

Best Regards,

I got a call from the engineer 25th Feb and he told me there was no problem in the MOBO as per his tests. However i already told him that there is no problem in booting the PC but it actually restarts when we try to do some CPU related task. It fails in MSI Kombuster benchmark CPU burner test.

I re-submitted this faulty MOBO on 11 Feb, stating what exactly the problem was and how that engineer can replicate the same problem. However as you can see these people at the local service center didn't do anything till i complaint about their laziness and it took them days to even get back to me.

How many days are they going to take? Because i'm getting fed up from this bullshit.

Dear Sir:
Serious complaint letter sent to local service center. I will try to get back to you asap tomorrow.
Sorry for inconvenience caused!

Best Regards,

I don't know what sort of letter was sent but I'm getting zero updates about this. You have to realize the gross incompetence of the people involved here in resolving my issue.

They just had to test the replacement MOBO the way i told them to by using the proper hardware, 8 sticks of DDR4 RAM in all slots, a proper 80+ certified power supply, a 5820K CPU with an Intel certified generic CPU cooler and then try to run an application called MSI Kombuster and see if the system restarts\crashes or not.

This literally takes not more than 10 minutes and it's been 7 :censored: days and still nothing. If these guys need some "financial motivation" to do their jobs then I'm willing to give that as well.

Dear Sir:
I am sorry to keep you waiting!
Local service partner is now taking holiday till March 7 and will get back to office on March 8.
I will try to get back to you soon on March 8.

Thank you!
Best Regards

So it's 9 March now. How many more weeks or months is it going to take now?

Also i need a name and a phone number of MSI sales representative in India whom i can talk to because i don't think anything is going to happen via emails.

Dear Sir:
Please find the contact of our local representative here:
[removed as the thread won't let me post external links]

Thank you!
Best Regards,

So yesterday on 10th Mar, 15 I went to the local service centre with my entire PC to check the replacement MOBO and verify that only my MSI's MOBO (under RMA) was one at fault here. Even though I already knew replacement MOBO was faulty i still took my entire system to assure the engineers and eliminate all doubts. After 3½ hours of testing engineers confirmed that the replacement motherboard they gave me was indeed faulty. They tried to give me another old motherboard and it was also faulty and didn't boot at all.

You guys have to realize that this issue is haunting me since 27th Jan and i have taken 2 days off from work to visit the service centre twice. The amount of my time and money being wasted here is getting ridiculous now and this is the most horrendous customer service i have ever since in my life.

Therefore i implore you guys to stop giving me used motherboards as replacements and give me an unboxed new motherboard like all other reputed companies like ASUS, Gigabyte do.

Dear Sir:
I am very sorry to hear this!
Please give me some time to have a discussion with local service centre and also local stock status. I will try to get back to you soon!

Best Regards

And then they closed my support case without even getting back to me. As per the MSI website info it says the thread is auto closed in 7 days but this was closed in 3 days. It was not because of my inactivity but because I was waiting for them to give me an update but instead they put the blame on me and closed my support case.

I'm deeply disappointed by the treatment I have got here. Where I even took 2 unpaid leaves from work and went to the local service center and took my entire system to make sure they can check my other components for faults and after 3½ hours of testing they were assured it was only their faulty motherboard that was at fault here.

I just don't understand why a company would harass a customer like that other than people handling my case are incompetent who don't take their jobs seriously. I'm not getting any joy by claiming that one of their components, which I bought from my own money, is at fault here. They also kept my Intel 5820K CPU and 16GB DDR4 RAM because they wanted to show some MSI customer service guy (Name: Arjun Pal) who personally wanted to see that the replacement motherboard was working or not. I mean seriously? Lets say my word is not good enough. But would the engineers at the local service center would also lie about this? Also i personally talked to the guy (have recorded phone conversation) where i told him that i would be coming with my entire system at that particular day and yet he didn't come and instead tells the service center guys to keep my components as well.

During that day they also tried to give me another X99A Gaming 7 motherboard, which was also faulty and didn't even boot. Again used, non-functional piece of crap. After that they tried to give me a X99A-SLI Plus which is a 80$ cheaper motherboard. Like wow? Why would I take a cheaper motherboard with lesser features?

This is not the first time i have dealt with RMA. The RMA process of ASUS, Gigabyte and Western Digital is absolutely pain free here in India where you just have to wait 2-3 weeks for a brand new unboxed replacement and MSI completely fails to provide satisfactory customer service in this regard. At least in India.

Now because of this and the time I have wasted, that is 49 days and counting, I'm now forced to buy a new gigabyte motherboard as the MSI person incharge, Mr. Arjun Pal-MSI India, is still telling me that my case is being "discussed" and yet to decide what to do with my case. What the hell is there to decide even after 49 days and failing to provide a replacement? Is asking for a unboxed motherboard unreasonable?

So is there anyway i can make my case aware on an international level? Because all my support case responses are being forwarded to MSI-India and i know nothing will be done on that end.

MSI support is done by third party service provider. Local standards are not on par with international standards. Very sorry about this if anybody pursuing RMA services face not good experiences.
Yes the local service guys, handled by aforeserve, is less than satisfactory but in this case i have to say MSI-India is at fault here. I personally told them how to test the fault by downloading the software MSI Kombuster 3.5 from my mobile phone & then transferring it onto their test system. And then they instantly saw the issue in the motherboard. I spend an entire day (with around 3½ hours of hardware testing) there and the local engineers after enough testing confirmed the problem was indeed in the replacement motherboard they gave me. Yet even after that Arjun Pal guy from MSI told them to keep my components, so that he could personally see the fault, even though i told him in advance i would be coming with my entire system that day and yet he didn't bother to come and instead kept my other PC components, so that he could check at his own convenience. Like seriously. I know if my my CPU and RAM are damaged there, no one would take responsibility for that. Yet I took the risk of leaving them there because I was desperate to end this.

Despite all that the lads there were friendly and supportive of my issue. And i'm pretty sure it's the Arjun Pal guy from MSI whom i think is deliberately stalling the issue or he couldn't care less. Even today he told me it's "under discussion" and working on replacement. And this just basically means waiting for another X99A RMA case - where a customer would send his faulty motherboard with some random issue and they will just pass it on to me. I will take that, test it and come back again and this whole vicious circle would keep on going until i give up and end up buying a new MOBO instead.

Anyways after even thinking. I'm going to by a new MOBO at the end of this month when i get my salary and i think it would be for my own good. I could always sell the MSI repalcement MOBO for cheap whenever they actually decide to give me a working one.

bBjHDP1.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, did you seriously left your system (the other components) with the service center??
Post it on reddit pcmr and msi subs. Hope they resolved your issues asap. I myself have been there so i understand how you feel.

Wait, did you seriously left your system (the other components) with the service center??
Post it on reddit pcmr and msi subs. Hope they resolved your issues asap. I myself have been there so i understand how you feel.
What choice did I have? MSI guy wasn't there, despite telling him on phone that i would bring in my entire system as per their demand, as they suspected my other component was at fault there. Even though I'm myself a computer engineer and had thoroughly tested my CPU in CPU burner test and RAM overnight via memtest 86+ to make sure the problem wasn't there. But i wanted to reassure them that it's their own MOBO which is faulty.

When the engineers called him, he told them to keep my components so that he could confirm it from his own eyes and this was last Friday. Now he tells me it's "under discussion". Like what? Being a MSI employee he certainly didn't appear to give a shit about it and was also somewhat showing me attitude. I think he wants some sort of bribe, so i'm also thinking of meeting him personally and giving him some money if he can help speed up the process.

Also could you post the links for reddit etc? I have an account there i think, so would also post there.

well tssk as i was very patience for long time that MSI has not been improve past more than 6 year cause they did not fix the gaming laptop issue due to overheating and ram fault also many msi board die which i have rma many intel and amd board long ago a while..

that why i ignore MSI if they don't improve after sale service and proper service...

as i hear MSI was stop at Digcare long ago and they shift to kaizen and then no more at Chennai which i have to ship the board to Delhi as per email discuss and rma detail which it is more waste of time as per convenience of email and phone as remained of same top senior guys at digcare and kaizen company

I hope my 60000 MSI Graphics card doesn't gives me any issue because i can't have that crap in my life with having to deal with MSI again. I will be careful not to buy MSI products ever again and it seems i made the mistake by not checking their RMA\customer service history in India.

Anyways I'm a digital advertiser and a web designer so I'm consdiering starting an Anti-MSI customer awareness program around my summer holidays so that Indian buyers get aware of their service and don't buy their products. For these things to work effetively, I need real examples, like in your case Arun. So I will contact you personally about this as it's a little off-topic here.

@iPwnz : Thanks for the offered help mate. Really appreciate it. :)

@op, if you know a lawyer then a phone call from him/her will sort out this arjun pal.
and as ipwnz mentioned earlier, spam social media. their marketing department will start pestering arjun for you.

I bought msi b350 bazooka motherboard and it even didn't started , it boots up but when I tried to install the os win 10 , it gets crash Everytime and I'm not able to install os .

My CPU - ryzen 5 1600

I brought it to the service center in nehru place Delhi
- Regernisis , Devika tower upper Ground floor

There after 4 days , then decided to do rma it and I got a receipt complete in Chinese or Japanese with my RMA number , now how can I track it and when will I get my replaced motherboard , it was a new motherboard just 2-4 days old and now worked :(
Please reply any one having any experience with msi rma ?

I bought msi b350 bazooka motherboard and it even didn't started , it boots up but when I tried to install the os win 10 , it gets crash Everytime and I'm not able to install os .

My CPU - ryzen 5 1600

I brought it to the service center in nehru place Delhi
- Regernisis , Devika tower upper Ground floor

There after 4 days , then decided to do rma it and I got a receipt complete in Chinese or Japanese with my RMA number , now how can I track it and when will I get my replaced motherboard , it was a new motherboard just 2-4 days old and now worked :(
Please reply any one having any experience with msi rma ?

Man, I feel for you, I was considering the 'Arctic' version purely for the aesthetics, looks like its best to skip it. You should have taken is back to the place you bought it from, if you know the dealers, they give you a new board and deal with the RMA themselves.

Last edited:
Man, I feel for you, I was considering the 'Antarctic' version purely for the aesthetics, looks like its best to skip it. You should have taken is back to the place you bought it from, if you know the dealers, they give you a new board and deal with the RMA themselves.
lol you mean the Arctic variant not Antarctica. Autocorrect. :p
That board was also in my motherboard options. I'll probably go for another company now. Not because of the faulty board but after sales services.

lol you mean the Arctic variant not Antarctica. Autocorrect. :p
That board was also in my motherboard options. I'll probably go for another company now. Not because of the faulty board but after sales services.

Yea, thanks corrected. The MSI are also known to be additionally picky with RAM and having booting issues, taking 30 seconds to power up. I am sure future BIOS updates will fix these, but such issues definitely put off new buyers.

OT- Lemme know which similar coloured board you are getting?

Back