"MSN Messenger" or "Windows Messenger" ?

M

MysticYogi

I got to know which I better only through this thread.

Yes, you are right. I really wanted to know which among these from Microsoft is best among many features that each offer. I am starting a Poll too, so that you guys can tell us which s best. And please do vote for ur fav. application and support it with valid reason. As to why do u think that messenger is better than the other.

My way, I think "MSN Messnger v6.x to v7.x" is best when it comes to GUI and some cool craze stuffs thats offering. But still MSN Messenger Lacks more features that are avalible @ Windows Messenger. And recelty Microsoft has also updated Windows Messenger with some security bugs, meaning Windows Messengering being one the popular and good one of all time. :)

Here is my fact :

Seems strange that on the Windows side of things, they have Windows Messenger 5.1 and MSN Messenger 7.0. Windows Messenger provides access to Live Communications Server whereas MSN does not (they are intentionally designed to serve two different purposes (although you can list your MSN Contacts in Windows Messenger along side your other SIP contacts)). I suspect that this is actually more akin to the Windows Messenger than it is the MSN Messenger. Perhaps just an MSN Messenger branding?

So I neither support both. So its upon you guys to select which among them s better and safer.

Lets see how far this goes :tongue:

Well to be frank i never like windows messenger. Why, cos in the earlier days whn i installed msn 6(which btw looked cool with mess patch and all windows messnger always used to be running also.(Taking up my memory)(and i was only on 256MB ram then) What was more frustrating was that i had set windows messenger to remember the passport and in between conversations it would get disconnected with the message that you had signed up elsewhere(ie using msn6)

Anyway that was that as far as i go with windows messenger. In the xpsp2 slipstreamed silent disk i made and even the sp1 version, I just deleted the damn thing from setup.
Now i just install windows and never have to worry about windows messenger.
BTW i will be coming up with a silent slipstreamed cd making tutorial soon in case you don't know how to make it. And silent means that you don't have to click the mouse even once after you insert the cds. Automatically it fills up the settings and all. Cool ehh.... :)

Back