MSN Messenger v7 Build : 604

M

MysticYogi

Build 604 contains quite a number of changes from the previous beta build (build 425) including slightly modified icons and a grey text message next to each contact icon's name actually explaining their current status (Online, Away, Offline etc).

msnmsgrgo4ibeta10fq.jpg

Enabling the personal message to tell contacts what you are listening to currently will change your personal message to reflect the current mp3 you are listening to.

* Interestingly, when tested with a music video file in the current playlist the personal message is blanked out while the video file is being played.

* MP3 files listed in the playlist following the video file will continue to update the personal message.

* You now have the option in your conversation windows to click on a link to bluemountain to search for new backgrounds and emoticons.

* This seems to be something of a coup on bluemountain's part as it is sure to generate a lot of additional traffic to their site.

* Additionally, there is an option in the conversation windows to type in an item to search for.

* Clicking on search heads to msn's search portal and returns the results to the person you are conversing with.

Complete Information & Download : http://www.go4i.net/article497.html :clap:

ScreenShots :

s1msngo4i3rv.png

s2msngo4i3cl.png

s3msngo4i4nw.png

A cool feature, search for the keyword while chatting with ur contact via Message Windos :

A warning: This is a leaked beta from microsoft. It is not a public beta release. So use it at your own risk. We reccomend that only advanced users try this build right now.

One Thing?

The staus changes to "What you are playing" only if you use Windows Media Player and not via WinAmp ! Huh........ This sucks a hell ! WHt do u think ? Do you use WMP to play your MP3 Songs ? :[ :hap2: :hap2: :hap2: :[

More Updates will appear shortly

The staus changes to "What you are playing" only if you use Windows Media Player and not via WinAmp ! Huh

another of stupid moves from microsoft. These guys really try very hard to promote third class products :]

So till such time someone makes a hack for this to work with winamp, I will turn it off only ... wmp sucks big time.

Hey btw you forgot the most important improvement.
Offline messaging has been put in place with this build. It just has to be enabled.
See screen here
Offline messaging ofcourse is the feature that allows you to send messages even when a contact is offline. The messages are displayed to him once hi signs up
It was already there on yahoo anyway. So its a nice improvement.

Apart from that The Sign in as option is now called Always sign in as and will remember your preferred sign in status. Now when you sign in appearing offline, Messenger will suggest changing your status to online.

one more thing......
this is still a beta right?

i am not downloading msn 7 till its final version is out:tongue:

Bad experiences with beta stuff from MS.:tongue:

and one more thing abt this beta release is : Thumbnail of contact's avatar ! Thts cool. more features are pulled from M$ ! And also, we can still wait for offical final release. WHich will come in next 2 months and probably no bugs after that.

This version of MSN is only for Testing Purpose :) !!!

I'm going to be downloading it. :p

And don't worry guys, once one of our fine programmers gets a hold of this beta version he'll program a plug in for MSN to display what we're playing in Winamp. :)

Back