MTNL 3G Experience

Same here, I cannot even get the speeds on local MTNL SIM, support do not want to look at the problem at all.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Going to purchase a new MTNL 3G connection and would see if it makes any difference.

Can someone tell me what exactly are you guys mean when you say MTNL 3g SIM? Are you guys getting that speed with MTNL SIM in your mobile and using your mobile phone as a modem or as they mention - using mobile phone to connect your PC to the internet.

I have MTNL connection in mobile phone, can I get that much speed or do I need an external modem or something?

Cloud-S said:
Can someone tell me what exactly are you guys mean when you say MTNL 3g SIM? Are you guys getting that speed with MTNL SIM in your mobile and using your mobile phone as a modem or as they mention - using mobile phone to connect your PC to the internet.

I have MTNL connection in mobile phone, can I get that much speed or do I need an external modem or something?
its not special SIM for 3G purpose,just u need to activate 3G Service on existing SIM. why People say MTNL 3G SIM because for new Subscribers MTNL distribute SIM card with Pre Activated 3G so...

most people prefer USB Data Card. u can use Mobile as Modem but should be Supporting min. 3G HSPDA 3.6mbps criteria, some support 3G bt speeds are less so u won't enjoy what a 3G is all about!! but do not get into impression if u use 7.2mbps data card or phone u'l get that much speed...no...its limited to 3.6mbps max only

as u r MTNL subscriber activate 3G connection(call 1503) get cheapo plan for trial, see if its well worth & satisfactory then go for UL plan we'r discussing here

vivek.krishnan said:
Ummm... some movies, music, video's, tv episodes, well the list goes on and on.....

Oh and i forgot! Pr0n too ;)

btw u prefer torrent or HTTP?

for downloadin HTTP links if there's no premium acnt then how the hell one manage downloading huge stuff likes of 30-40gb file? downloading one at a time :(

annababu said:
for downloadin HTTP links if there's no premium acnt then how the hell one manage downloading huge stuff likes of 30-40gb file? downloading one at a time :(

are you serious. you want to download a single file for about 3-4 days? :O

ggt said:
are you serious. you want to download a single file for about 3-4 days? :O

i'm asking not saying

my quest. was-

if one wish to download blu-ray content, u guys prefer HTTP over torrent if yes in case no premium account one link at a time?

i would prefer HTTP. so that thing can be scheduled
downloaded and 8 gb file for the smurfs. kept it for download at night
download done in about 6 hours i think :D

I am nearing my 800GB limit.. Any idea what to do next? Will i still be able to use my sim card to download stuff after 800GB cap or i will have to go to CC to extend my CAP?

annababu said:

Torrents. If you want to use HTTP would suggest pyload with Captchatrader or Jdownloader with CBH Captcha solver so that you dont need to sit for the captcha. also if you are using ORON, would suggest to limit it to 27kbps as they allow free downloading of upto 100MB/hour. So you can keep it on continously + download other stuff too using torrents.

Also would suggest to have a look at news groups. I joined it mainly for some comics and then i got some really old comics which was nice.

http://www.techenclave.com/p2p/basic-guide-to-newsgroups-203722.html

ggt said:
i would prefer HTTP. so that thing can be scheduled

downloaded and 8 gb file for the smurfs. kept it for download at night

download done in about 6 hours i think :D

utorrent also has scheduling support.

annababu said:
i'm asking not saying

my quest. was-

if one wish to download blu-ray content, u guys prefer HTTP over torrent if yes in case no premium account one link at a time?

HTTp is preferred, but if there are too many links, i will skip it for torrents unless there isnt one.

Tejas01 said:
I am nearing my 800GB limit.. Any idea what to do next? Will i still be able to use my sim card to download stuff after 800GB cap or i will have to go to CC to extend my CAP?

What 3G package are you using with MTNL- Mumbai?

The Rs.4500 plan is over.

Existing customers can use it within their 6 months of use as according to when they bought.

But once those 6 months are over, or for new customers, you need to buy prepaid Rs.1650 per month for Unlimited internet. There is no 4500 plan any longer.

Are you sure :(

If yes, thanks lot to make me aware as I was planning to buy 3G USB Data Card thinking Rs.750/- per month for unlimited is good.

rite said:

Existing customers can use it within their 6 months of use as according to when they bought.

But once those 6 months are over, or for new customers, you need to buy prepaid Rs.1650 per month for Unlimited internet. There is no 4500 plan any longer.

rite said:

The 4500 UL plan is still available in MTNL mumbai circle, you can check from here under data plans 3G Prepaid

rite said:
But in Delhi it is no longer available according to their website.

yes it way long they discontinued it!!

many purchased MTNL Mumbai SIM to be able to use this plan bt in some cases speed got affected

hi guys help me out...its been only 3 months and since yesterday my MTNL 3G data finished for Rs 4500 I am suppose to get the service for another 3months as I had recharged in Sep. 2011 and it was suppose to last till March 2012.

I am from Delhi. I called up CC they kept disconnecting my call in between or kept me on hold and never came back and the when I finally mange to speak to someone he tells me we will not give you any data and you have to recharge again :( MTNL Delhi has treated me very badly...were rude and did nor did know about the 4500 plan nor did they try to solve my problem :(

I tried to call the local MTNL office here in Delhi even they were not nice as they would not transfer my call to anyone who can help and kept saying abhi sir nahai hai aap todi deir mai call mai call karna and would give me some no. and if I called on that no. i was told that we can't solve this issue its not under us... :(

They have treated me totally without concern MTNL Delhi office and Customer care ...what shall i do now :(

Interesting even my 6 months recharge plan will exhaust soon. Need to double check if that plan is still available, actually suited my needs perfectly. Anyone has updates on it wrt Mumbai circle please post them here.. and is there an 800GB limit? I didn't know!

btw @Alwaysonline : it can be a pain talking to MTNL guys, I can empathize!

Go to near by MTNL office & see 3G related office or officer.

Alwaysonline said:
hi guys help me out...its been only 3 months and since yesterday my MTNL 3G data finished for Rs 4500 I am suppose to get the service for another 3months as I had recharged in Sep. 2011 and it was suppose to last till March 2012.

I am from Delhi. I called up CC they kept disconnecting my call in between or kept me on hold and never came back and the when I finally mange to speak to someone he tells me we will not give you any data and you have to recharge again :( MTNL Delhi has treated me very badly...were rude and did nor did know about the 4500 plan nor did they try to solve my problem :(

I tried to call the local MTNL office here in Delhi even they were not nice as they would not transfer my call to anyone who can help and kept saying abhi sir nahai hai aap todi deir mai call mai call karna and would give me some no. and if I called on that no. i was told that we can't solve this issue its not under us... :(

They have treated me totally without concern MTNL Delhi office and Customer care ...what shall i do now :(

after much fighting yesterday today they credited around 200 Gb in my account but it should have been 800GB as usually if data finishes that what they credit back and I have another 3 months I would need to do the entire thing again soon :(

Back