MTNL Delhi upgrading Broadband speeds to Minimum 2Mbps

uziel

Techie The Grandos
Adept
Following the BSNL path, PSU MTNL Delhi has also decided to upgrade the minimum broadband speed to 2Mbps wef 01 Oct 2015. Now its needs to be seen if they have the necessary infrastructure in place and what will be the last mile speed for all the consumers in Delhi keeping intact the QoS structure. I hope they do not give 'virtual' speeds only till DSLAM leaving consumers high and dry. I am happy at least on papers, digital India dream is taking shape, we have long way to go to catch up with minimum broadband speed to many other countries. Those who dont have the plan, they have offered a free trial plan http://mtnldelhi.in/BroadbandPromo_180915.htm

Attachments

• mtnl.JPG
    mtnl.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,028
Last edited:
MTNL is watching other ISPs and implementing FUP in their network as well, I dont like this concept. Due to high contention ration speed already gets compromised and then the FUP is there to bother us. Both BSNL and MTNL are upgrading speeds from 1st Oct 2015. Even day to day average browsing of one person is 200-300MB so 8-9GB gets consumed very fast in a month.

i hav a 1mbps UL plan.....and i download like 3...to 4 gb in a day.........how wil this plan help me :(....2 mbps for 6 gb and after that ?? 512kbps ????

No, the 2mbps plan with 6gb FUP is only for new customers as a one month trial available completely free. (No charges at all for a month, i.e, no registration, installation and the 1st month rent charges), after one month you will be able change plan as you desire. And for existing 512kbps users the speed will be increased keeping your existing plan facilities. eg:- If you are using 512kbps unlimited plan(without any FUP) your plan will be automatically upgraded to 2mbps unlimited(without any FUP) wef : 01 oct 2015.

No, the 2mbps plan with 6gb FUP is only for new customers as a one month trial available completely free. (No charges at all for a month, i.e, no registration, installation and the 1st month rent charges), after one month you will be able change plan as you desire. And for existing 512kbps users the speed will be increased keeping your existing plan facilities. eg:- If you are using 512kbps unlimited plan(without any FUP) your plan will be automatically upgraded to 2mbps unlimited(without any FUP) wef : 01 oct 2015.

i doubt they would do this or sustain it that way (ie, without FUP). if indeed, then it could mean a good news for me too i guess. i was on MTNL's 1-1.5 mbps unltd plan since long, before they 'downgraded' it to one of the re-structured plans sometime back - 2 mbps till 8gb and 1 mbps from there. don't know how the usually achchha-bhala MTNL Mumbai got this FUP-fever! :sour:

I'm on 1mbps unlimited plan.
The poster/link says that its for 3 months only.
And upto 6gb...meh[emoji19]

Edit.
I was happy when I noticed the speed bump, then I read this crap.

Last edited:
Complaint to your local mtnl office. Also call on 1500/1504.

Get the email address of the nodal officer of your area, and mail him too.

Since it's mtnl the time to resolving this can go both ways, either they'll fix it in no time or in a million years.

This seems like a good development on paper at least. Broadband speed revision is due from a very long time. As is the case with govt. PSUs, one is left to wonder how or if they will actually be able to deliver on their tall claims.

On the other hand, private companies are behaving like govt. PSUs these days. I have a FailTel connection and the service provided is probably worse than BSNL and the likes with the service personnel postponing and even closing complaints without attending to them not to mention their periodic calling and trying to make me switch to a costlier plan (I have been paying close to 1K for nine years now which I already think is too much. I've no intention of paying any more).

Back