MTNL [Mumbai] DNS Servers

PoBoy

Skilled
E-mail from MTNL states :

5. In the "Preferred DNS server" add IP address "59.185.0.23".
6. In the "Alternate DNS server" add IP address "203.94.227.70".
7. To add more DNS server, click on "Advanced" Tab.
8. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", click on "DNS" tab, click on "Add" in "TCP/IP DNS Server" add IP address "59.185.0.50".
9. Repeat the procedure to add IP address "203.94.243.70".

Entire text :
Dear MTNL subscriber,

Kindly note following simple instructions for better triband service.

1. Go to "Start" - > "Network Connections".
2. Right click on "Local Area Connection". Click on "Properties".
3. In "General" tab, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click on "Properties" button.
4. Select "Use following DNS servers addresses".
5. In the "Preferred DNS server" add IP address "59.185.0.23".
6. In the "Alternate DNS server" add IP address "203.94.227.70".
7. To add more DNS server, click on "Advanced" Tab.
8. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", click on "DNS" tab, click on "Add" in "TCP/IP DNS Server" add IP address "59.185.0.50".
9. Repeat the procedure to add IP address "203.94.243.70".

Please ensure all the above four IP addresses of DNS servers in the LAN card of PCs or Laptops.

For more Information contact MTNL Mumbai Helpdesk on 1800 22 88 44 or email helpdesk.mumbai@mtnl.net.in.

shaunak said:
The only two DNS servers you will ever need:
OpendNS

You are absolutely right. Their servers DO NOT get corrupted and I have used them in US, Canada, UK, Belgium, New Zea Land and all over India, regardless of service provider.

msn.co.in and msn.com are not working with any of the mtnl dns :

203.94.227.70 --> not working for msn.com or msn.co.in
59.185.0.23 --> not working for msn.com or msn.co.in

203.94.243.70 --> working working for msn.com or msn.co.in

Let me know if you also facing similar problems.

i know open dns can solve only my problem,,, what about thousands and lakhs of subscribers of mtnl who do not know opendns? they will never be able to use msn.co.in nor msn.com

I am thinking from publisher side so there is a traffic loss too !

Are you guys from Mumbai? if yes which locations?

mtnlfan said:
i know open dns can solve only my problem,,, what about thousands and lakhs of subscribers of mtnl who do not know opendns? they will never be able to use msn.co.in nor msn.com

I am thinking from publisher side so there is a traffic loss too !

Are you guys from Mumbai? if yes which locations?

I am from Andheri West, Mumbai.

Since over a fortnight I have not been able use msn.co.in. Normally I used to be transferred to the site after logging out of Hotmail but since last few days I get "Cannot display" error page.

What is open dns ? Can you please explain how it can solve my problem ?

If I put these DNS addresses into my router (Netgear DG834Gv4), it refuses to give me internet access.

I had tried OpenDNS ages ago but tbh MTNL's DNS works perfectly fine for me :)

mukundpathak said:
I am from Andheri West, Mumbai.

Since over a fortnight I have not been able use msn.co.in. Normally I used to be transferred to the site after logging out of Hotmail but since last few days I get "Cannot display" error page.

What is open dns ? Can you please explain how it can solve my problem ?

Best is to launch a complaint at 1504 and online on (Online Complaints) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, A Government of India Enterprise.

In the router got to section where dns entries are mentioned. Instead of auto discover dns , you select manual dns and add 4.2.2.2 as primary dns and add 208.67.220.220 in secondary dns. You MSN site will start working.

Make sure that you complain. Mtnl will come with standard answer that it is microsoft website problem !This problem is since 2005.

more details on:
MSN & some Microsoft websites do not work on MTNL Broadband

Back