MTNL Mumbai quietly shifts DSL unlimit 450 plan to 512kbps all time

and i'd only just shifted, literally 2 months back, from the 999 plan to the 450 plan after being on that plan for years :rolleyes:. i'd realised that streaming wasnt benefiting from the higher speed so i shifted down

Note::There has been some changes.
Even on mtnl page there is change and also i got this message on FB
Now in Plan 450 and Plan 550
Get speed upto 1 Mbps during 6 PM to 8 AM.
And upto 512 Kbps during 8 AM to 6 PM.

Also on Plan 395 and Plan 495 same offer is applicable.

So they backtrack and continue old plan cancelling the 2mbps speed after 12 am.I will stick with Mtnl as it suffice my needs.
I
'll check the speed today evening .

I think my letter(RANT) to the ED and GM of broadband helped.

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband-services/triband/unlimited-plans

Plans changed its 1 mbps now :D[DOUBLEPOST=1381396978][/DOUBLEPOST]IM happy , 1 mbps is more than enough for me :D[DOUBLEPOST=1381397102][/DOUBLEPOST]Also incase anyone faces problems in their network , send a mail to the following id's ,be a bit formal and do not use swear words :p

GM of Broadband,MTNL Mumbai gmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in,
ED of Broadband MTNL Mumbai edmbi@mtnl.net.in,
DGM of broadband MTNL Mumbai dgmbbmbi@mtnl.net.in[DOUBLEPOST=1381397331][/DOUBLEPOST]Do not bombard with emails, i sent one mail and got a call from Prabhadevi the next day...

Last edited:
even my friend received this message.
hes on 550 combo plan.

Dear Valued Customer, Now Enjoy Download Speed of 1Mbps from 6:00PM To 8:00AM MTNL Mumbai.

:rolleyes:

@eXcesscaLIBER,
do you play any online games? If you do, then please mention which games and is there any difference in the ping/connectivity between MTNL/Hathaway? How is the overall experience?

@eXcesscaLIBER,
do you play any online games? If you do, then please mention which games and is there any difference in the ping/connectivity between MTNL/Hathaway? How is the overall experience?
I play cs 1.6 and cs go online.

Most 1.6 servers are hosted by joister.
I get around 10-15 ping in mtnl and 20-30 in hathway.

In cs:go i think servers are delhi based.. I get 30-40ish ping in mtnl.. Hathway will be higher.. In cs go i get, 140 ish ping to Europe servers in mtnl..

Back