MTNL Night Unlimited @ 2 Mbps now available in Delhi

yipppeeee......no tata or airtel in our appts....was using 256ul till now....

i'm shifting to this one from next month onwards....

hopefully i can dwld ~5 gigs each nite

although i guess the shitty turning off/on modem problem will still be there

this has the same cliche as "upto" 2mbps, im on 999UL plan or something can i change to this? and will it be worth???

my PC is running 24/7 for downloading, this might help ease of my pc.

yeah it'll be definitely worth.....you'll save 2/3rd of your downloading time (think elec bill) and download 3 times more per day :p

btw the tariffs on site still haven't been updated...

i wanted to know if i go to mtnl service, can i get the connection changed immediately? or will it come into effect from next month (as it happened when i changed to 590nu to 949ul last time)

@rPOK

Every plan comes in effect from 1st of the next month.

You can change your plan by calling 1500 or 1504 also. Anyawys I will also change my plan to 749NU but by writting straight to kidwai bhawan. These chaps being sarkari babus do value written stuff :)

changed my plan from TriB UL to TriB 749NU today by calling cc at 1500....

will come in effect from 1st sept....will let you guys know abt the speed then :)

keeping my fingers crossed.....8 hrs each day x 2mbps seems good enough for me...

thats some great news...hey i do not even have a telephone connection, so how do i go about getting the connection....help wud be appreciated.

^^ You will need a MTNL landline to get the broadband connection. Go to your local MTNL office (Sanchat Haat) and apply for the connection.

ok got the plan changed....speed hasn't changed at all - still 256kbps....called up and gave a complaint to 1504....let' see....

any one else got Trib 749NU in del? what speed are you getting...

rPOk said:
yipppeeee......no tata or airtel in our appts....was using 256ul till now....
i'm shifting to this one from next month onwards....
hopefully i can dwld ~5 gigs each nite
although i guess the shitty turning off/on modem problem will still be there

Instead of configuring PPPOA on your router, just leave the router in bridge mode and configure the PPPOA dialer on your desktop. This way you can leave your modem always on. Create a script to run your dialer at 12:00 AM and than have a shutdown program to shut your PC at 8:00AM. I have something similar going on with Tata Indicom, greatway to save electricity and saves from the hassle of turnming modem on and off!!! Total Control :eek:hyeah:

Back