MTNL not entertaining application for new connection

phunsukh

Disciple
I registered the unlimited 650 broadband plan online at mtnl selfcare portal. But the local telephone exchange (marol) is not entertaining my application for broadband connection. What to do next ?

In my case, my father filed a complaint through phone and then demanded to speak with higher official and all got sorted out next day :)
Try 1500 or 1504

RTI is your friend. Just go to the exchange and inquire about the status of your application. If you don't get any response or satisfactory answer, your next question should be to inquire about where to post RTI queries. I think MTNL being a government organization would defintiely fall under RTI.

That's weird, MTNL normally communicates efficiently, even though they don't have any technical knowledge, it took me 2 hours to book and activate broadband..

@phunsukh
The only valid reason that I can think of is unavailability of a telephone cable to your building. You application can be rejected if this is true as they need a minimum number of residents to apply .
Ask about the reason for rejection and take it forward. You will have to do some leg work and take out time to visit the exchange, find the right person, etc. If you have the application number then write a complaint and submit it at the exchange with the correct person. Don't forget to take a xerox of the same and get the person's stamp, date and signature as an acknowledgement to keep with you.
Complaining to a higher official will also work but keep that option only in case the general approach fails.
I don't think an RTI will be required as you are asking about your personal application, if all else fails just the mention of an RTI query might get things moving.

Thanks a lot for responses. Actually they are saying that the line is not reachable up to my apartment. But after enquiring at the tele exchange I came to know that there are three to four working telephone connections in the building. Inspite of this they said that they are unable to give me connection. Is there any way I can persuade them ?

RTI. Only way out if they do not give you proper answers even after going to their office and asking them in person.
There could be other reasons like lacks of ports for your area and stuff but they should give it to you in writing.
For BSNL I too had same problem still I insisted to go ahead with the connection and they took my application. A few days later a work order was generated and later rejected saying no ports available at my area's tel exchange. I got a connection finally after two months when some ports were freed.
Always give written complaints and take acknowledgement that your complaint is received by them. They are required to you give you the ack.

Back