Mtnl u/l plans speed query

techno_guy

Skilled
Hi guys ,
I wanted to know what speeds you are getting in Rs 495 and Rs 599 plans of Mtnl Mumbai
I had heard that many people were getting speeds of 2 mbps .
do you guys still get those speed ?
Are there any connectivity issues with mtnl ?
TIA

Re: Mtnl u/l plans speed querry

I am on 495 UL plan...

geting a speed of around 45-56 kbps(ideally it should be 56-60kbps).

Regarding connectivity issue, it depends on ur copper line. If any battery is found present on the line, then there would be frequent disconnections. Else complete peace of mind.

Tejas01 said:
I am on 495 UL plan...

geting a speed of around 45-56 kbps(ideally it should be 56-60kbps).

Regarding connectivity issue, it depends on ur copper line. If any battery is found present on the line, then there would be frequent disconnections. Else complete peace of mind.

I didn't understand by what you meant

and thanks for the reply dude

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

and I think by mistake you have written kbps instead of kBps

techno_guy said:
Hi guys ,

I wanted to know what speeds you are getting in Rs 495 and Rs 599 plans of Mtnl Mumbai

I had heard that many people were getting speeds of 2 mbps .

do you guys still get those speed ?

Are there any connectivity issues with mtnl ?

TIA
don't get the plan thinkin u will get 2mbps

even if u get 2mbps i won't last very long

@techno_guy

See MTNL makes this goofups when you get speeds more than your plan speed. Usually 2 Mbps speeds. This has happened with many people here including me. I had initially applied for the 256 kbps UL plan for 999 (not now....many months back) and i was getting 2 Mbps speeds for like 6-7 months and later was pulled back to 256kbps speed which is what i should have got in first place.

So dont get a new connection thinking that you too will get 2 Mbps. It is just a goofup from MTNL side and based on pure luck.

raksrules said:
@techno_guy

See MTNL makes this goofups when you get speeds more than your plan speed. Usually 2 Mbps speeds. This has happened with many people here including me. I had initially applied for the 256 kbps UL plan for 999 (not now....many months back) and i was getting 2 Mbps speeds for like 6-7 months and later was pulled back to 256kbps speed which is what i should have got in first place.

So dont get a new connection thinking that you too will get 2 Mbps. It is just a goofup from MTNL side and based on pure luck.

ok let me just try out my luck

if it doesn't work I will change it once 3g comes to mumbai

A lot of people say that speeds get bumped up to 2Mbps. I have the Night unlimited plan from MTNL. It is really bad though and they over charge me for everything.......... Speed of my 2Mbps plan have not increased...

eptheta said:
A lot of people say that speeds get bumped up to 2Mbps. I have the Night unlimited plan from MTNL. It is really bad though and they over charge me for everything.......... Speed of my 2Mbps plan have not increased...
Could you please explain? I have been using MTNL for many years and never had an overcharging problem which couldn't be sorted out.

eptheta said:
Check the settings in modem what it shows by going to 192.168.1.1 (in my case at least). I have 1 Mbps speed so it shows down stream of 1159 kbps. Check what i shows for you. Should be definitely more than 2048kbps.

Also incase you have parallel lines at your home then remove all of them but the one connected to modem and you will get speeds as expected. This is my personal experience where i have 3 parallel lines and i used to get varied speeds but once they were removed i got full speed.

techno_guy said:
I didn't get you
I was on 2 mbps limited plan earlier on. i changed it to 512 kbps unlimited plan. For about two months i got 2mbps. And then they changed it to what i should have got i.e. 512kbps.

Edit: got the 495 u/l connection but I am unable to download files from torrents

But while downloading directly it works fine with speed of 40~50kBps as per plan

but on speedtest.net the speed omes out to be 1.5~2mbps but wile testing upload it suddenly stops and no upload speed result comes (tried 4-5 times)

Is the low download speed due to upload problems ?

techno_guy said:
Edit: got the 495 u/l connection but I am unable to download files from torrents

But while downloading directly it works fine with speed of 40~50kBps as per plan

but on speedtest.net the speed omes out to be 1.5~2mbps but wile testing upload it suddenly stops and no upload speed result comes (tried 4-5 times)

Is the low download speed due to upload problems ?
Have you port forwarded your router?

Back