Multiple Issues

aaa

Disciple
Hey everyone,

I own thinkpad - l410 and using windows 7 on it , I got this from my college as a part of my course.It is a year old but still under warranty

Recently everything has started going with my laptop

Firstly my battery stopped working "A battery error has occourred. The battery cannot be charged.Replace the battery" I tried my friends battery and worked perfectly.. The battery was giving me a good backup of roughly 3 hours before this happened.

Secondly my laptop started freezing, initially i thought was random but today realized just happened when i am plugging in any usb drive, this dosent happen immediately but roughly in 5 mins... after this started happening i panicked and tried taking an immediate backup on my desktop via Ethernet cable in another few minuets my ethernet cable wasn't being detected by the system.. I tried several ethernet cables but same result.

I don't know if these problems are related. HELP

I need some immediate help because i am going abroad in another 10 days and cant do without my laptop, I will be glad if i can get any kind of help from you guys.

Peace

Aakash

check the device manager for any exclamation marks.. You can try a system restore. If it doesnt work, just try installing windows 7 in another partition and install drivers. Try working for sometime in that copy of windows and check.

Remove the HDD only and immediately take a backup on another system using a SATA to USB adaptor. You should find a local one for about 150 bucks. Then format lappie completely. Problems still occuring? Time to RMA it.

Hey guys thanks a lot for your response,

I tried resorting it but still the problem was there! Though 99% its a software problem as things seem to be working normal in safe mode. I think formatting is the only solution for me as nothing else seems to work..

A bit off topic but i will be buying a new battery what do you suggest should i go for original or buy a 3rd party battery !

Again thanks guys i really appreciate the quick response from you people

Cheers

Back