Music oriented phone at ~ 15K

superczar

Skilled
Need to help a friend choose a cell around the 15K price range.
Priorities:

Music - Very important
Texting - Important
Social networking clients like Facebook - Somewhat important
havin an inbuilt GPS is a plus but not mandatory

Preferably a Nokia
Now she has zeroed on to the 5800XM but the somewhat buggy interface and the general slowness of the UI is a bit of a turnoff...
Any other choices fellas?

There are two good options in the range.

The first is Samsung Corby Pro. Pretty smooth touchscreen and a qwerty keypad. The music quality is pretty decent too. Wi-Fi works out of the box without any issues and youtube runs smooth. Plus, there are loads of widgets and 3 user screens. Refer here for more - I Touch, I Text, I do it all !! Samsung Corby Pro - Touch Phone - Mobile Phone | SAMSUNG

The second option is the Samsung Galaxy Spica which runs Android. 800MHz proccy is a bonus. There is only 128 MB of RAM in it but the proccy should compensate for that. Refer here for more - eBay India: New Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 Android 3G Phone (item 370338007561 end time 26-Feb-2010 20:46:28 IST)

Edit: Just noticed that your friend is a "she" :p . Tell her to go for the Corby Pro. My sis has bought one and she is in love with it. :)

superczar said:
Need to help a friend choose a cell around the 15K price range.
Priorities:

Music - Very important
Texting - Important
Social networking clients like Facebook - Somewhat important
havin an inbuilt GPS is a plus but not mandatory

Preferably a Nokia
Now she has zeroed on to the 5800XM but the somewhat buggy interface and the general slowness of the UI is a bit of a turnoff...
Any other choices fellas?

Check Nokia N79 (13k-13.5k) if your sister wants Nokia phone but not so good in music department.

My recommendation is SE Yari

Music playback: top notch audio quality
texting: decent keypad (slide)
GPS: comes with GPS chip
facebook: looks like it has inbuilt app for facebook

yari preview: YouTube - Sony Ericsson Yari Preview

If she Needs Gps, good Music,wi-fi, Social networkin sites etc and preferred make is nokia then 5800 will be a good one and the other option is nokia 5233 but lacks wi-fi and gps.

My Dad uses Nokia 5800XM . The previous UI was so buggy and slow , it had become untolerable at some point. Recently upgraded to latest firmware.

Yes the UI speed has increased a little .

On the other hand Nokia 5233 is a good phone with hardly any bugs which my Mom uses . Only side effect it has mono speaker.

Nokia 5230 review: Foot soldiers get smarter - GSMArena.com

You can try Nokia 5530XM . It has stereo speakers and good music playback but lacks 3G and gps . Has very good music quality and UI is almost bug free

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic review: Winner by design - GSMArena.com

Nokia phones are fantastic for every kind of user. By saying this it doesn't mean that I'm promoting Nokia brand. Actually, I have used so many devices of Nokia and believe me I have never found any problem working with them. Nokia has recently released a latest handset, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic which is very affordable, simple and a complete package phone.

The feature of mobile phones which I like most is the camera feature. Regarding this feature, I must tell you that Nokia 5800 can be called as a fantastic camera phone also. The built-in camera of 3.2 mega pixels come with some smart image enhancing options. With this camera, you can capture several beautiful moments of your life. Moreover, if you wish to see your captured images on large TV screen, you can do so very easily with the help of TV-Out feature.

Thanks for sharing.

Wholesale Consumer Electronic & Gadgets

Back