iOS Must have apps for iOS

imkaush

Adept
As the title suggests, list down the must have apps for iOS devices.

Do mention the device used for the apps you mention :)

(inspired by the "MUST have apps for Android" thread)

Well I don't have any Apple products because I feel they are a little over priced but last weekend, I used a friend's iPad Mini and it had this music app called "Alchemy", its a Touch OSC music Mixing / synthesizer app, its quite amazing, infact so amazing that I'm saving up to buy an iPad Mini.

What the app basically does is it allows me to mix sounds over any track, and I can do this very intutively using a mix of touch and gyro - i.e movement.
You can create completely original tracks as well. Free version I used has limitations, can't save tracks and stuff, Paid version is around 700bucks.

www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyMobile.php

Oh and its not avaiable for android and no good similar apps either, so my Andro phone and Tab are useless for this

Timer + for timer application.
AVPlayer for playing videos. Plays all formats flawlessly.
Good Reader for Reading various documents.
Wordweb and Dictionary.com for dictionary application.
iXpenselt for expenses.

All used on my iPod Touch 4G

We can mention the apps which we are using on our iOS devices with a short description but please do not mention the usual like ICICI or any banking app or facebook and such.
My list..

AV Player / nPlayer : For playing videos of almost any format. I used AV Player a lot before but then started to use nPlayer because it as faster seeking of video and gesture controls better than AV Player (IMO).

iTV Shows 2: This is the ONLY app I use to keep track of TV shows that i watch and download (separate copies of same app i have, one for tracking watched and other for downloading). I would strongly recommend this app for people wanting to track TV shows on their iOS device. And believe me i have a folder with around 11 tv show apps and i use none of them).

m-Indicator: Only for Mumbai people, fare of auto and taxi and local train timetable and lots more. Previously it was only for android but not there is iOS app as well. Another app is iLocalMumbai

CityMaps2Go
: Awesome app for offline maps (no navigation) and offline search as well. Have used it internationally only so no idea about usefulness in India.

Toshl Finance:
Recently discovered and only app i liked for tracking my finances. The main reason for liking is because i can put tags (not categories) for my expenses. I do not like the apps that have categories like Food, Coffee, Conveyance. Grocery etc. Instead here i can put things like Carrot, Auto Rickshaw, Pizza Hut, Shiv sagar and whatever i want, it is user made tags and once you make a new tag, it is stored and can be reused. Simply awesome app.

Does somebody know any app or jb tweak that let's me transfer folders fom ipad to android over wifi? I'm extremely frustrated in my futile search for something that does this. The nearest I have got is iFile's web server feature, but that doesn't let me transfer folders, only files. :(

Back