Audio MX 5021 vs Z2300

Alias

Skilled
I know this subject has been beaten to death but I was planning to get a 2.1 speaker setup this weekend and couldn't make up my mind! :huh:

I am having a budget of around 7-8k and had trouble deciding between the Altec Lansing MX5021 and the Logitech Z2300.

Usage priority : 50% Movies/30% gaming/20% Music (Not hard rock mostly soft music)
Need to serve as speakers for the PS3 also when playin games/Blu-rays.

Since i have a PS3 , i seem to lean towards the Z2300 coz of its console connectivity option but i think that can be resolved on the MX5021 also with just the required connector. Right?

Help in deciding please!! Thanks!

Z2300 would be better for gaming, i would say.

MX 5021 is too good in music, and wont be bad either in games, but Z2300 cud be better in games and movies.

Also Z2300 would be lot powerful with its 200w rms, while MX 5021 is 90w. Both are THX certified.

Lastly the Z2300 would look better in a gaming environment with a console :D

dOm1naTOr said:
Z2300 would be better for gaming, i would say.
MX 5021 is too good in music, and wont be bad either in games, but Z2300 cud be better in games and movies.

Also Z2300 would be lot powerful with its 200w rms, while MX 5021 is 90w. Both are THX certified.
Lastly the Z2300 would look better in a gaming environment with a console :D

Aaah, just when i made up my mind on the MX 5021!! :S

OT, but where in Kottayam are u from? Coz m from kottayam too. ;)

MX anyday - I've heard a Z2300 and I can vouch against it! The bass is a tad boomy unlike the MX even when it's unmodded - the drivers tend to become better as the day passes by.

What sort of console connectivity is offered by the Z2300 which isn't offered by the MX? The MX comes with a RCA to stereo converter and you can hook your PS3 RCA outs to the these and have it permanently hooked to the aux-in on the pod and have the other input at the back of the sub conencted to your comp and you're set. I've it connected that way.

Got my MX from Rashi, Ernakulam 2 years back. Modded it last March and they're running fine without a hitch! Proud to say I dragged 'em all the way from my hometown to Mysore and to Surat. :)

@Alias

wow

i didnt knew there wud be someone else from ktm [other than onees from my clg]

Im from Karapuzha, near town. :D

u ordering from Ozone?

@Gannu

Why wud u order from Ernakulam, if u r from Surat? :)

In Toronto today there's a deal on MX6021 ( I assume its the counterpart of MX5021). CAD 99 - think its pretty cheap.. was sold out :(

Ok, its decided then! Thanks a lot for your help guys! Reps handed out! :)
Btw, any idea on the prices for the MX5021? Around 6.5k right?

dOm1naTOr said:
@Alias
wow
i didnt knew there wud be someone else from ktm [other than onees from my clg]
Im from Karapuzha, near town. :D
u ordering from Ozone?

Me near Puthupally but now at the moment in Hyd. So is the MX5021 avail in Ozone?

Yup, it should be

Saw it once there [actually at their showroom aka Oxygen]. It worst case, you need to wait one day to order.

There is another member j1nm@t from Puthupally here, who was my class mate.

dOm1naTOr said:
@Gannu
Why wud u order from Ernakulam, if u r from Surat? :)

[OT] ATM I'm at Surat - working. When I'd purchased the set, I was in Palakkad - that was 2 yrs back. Came all the way to Ekm, got the set from Rashi. [/OT]

^The MX seems to be overpriced everywhere ATM - got a quote of 7.5k from Rashi, Surat for a friend about a month back. Enquire with Rashi directly. They *may* quote a lesser price.

Back