PC Peripherals my computer starts but dosent start !!!!!

hehe now that i have your attention !!!

Im having this weird problem with my cmputer like the title says the cpu starts but dosent start. in the sense that when i press the power on button everything inside the cpu ie all my fans my gfx card processor hard disk everyting turns on but the computer dosent start there is no display and the keyboard lights dont turn on so basicaly my pc is just powering up but not booting i checked for a fact and there is nothing wrng with my gfx card....
This problem is a major pain in the A$$ and it comes and goes as and when it pleases(its been hapening for a few months) sometimes i just keeep on restarting till it works and ususally after restarting it a few times or giving it a day or 2 it starts working again and everythings fine, ive tried changing the ram slots tried with just 1 stick of ram tried removing all hd and keeping the primary nothing works and it just hapened again day before yesterday and now it just isnt starting anymore just want to know wht is causing this problem and how do i sort it out cause my pcs become unpredictable now
jab marzi hua chal gaya :p
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

please give us more details of your system.

it will help us in determining what is wrong with your system

but off the top of my head this is a power supply issue 90 %.

cheers sir..

I don't know how everybody relates every other problem to PSU,

I guess its the RAM. You should clean up your system of all the dust take out and reinsert the RAM modules properly.

I think it might just fix the problem. Just a hunch...

Most probably dere is some problm in ur mobo but stil u give ur ful pc specs, ur psu can also be d culprit. Try changing ur psu if u hav a spare one......

heres my config : msi p965neo 3f mobo c2d e6600 @ 2.4ghz stock speed

Transcend 1gb x 2 667 ram

powercolor 4870 corasir 450 watts psu cm 690 cabby and 3 hard disk 750,500,250 gb ... thats the thing ive tried removing and re inserting the ram bt nothing happened today (usually this works) are my ram sticks dead ???

naive_harry said:
I don't know how everybody relates every other problem to PSU,
I guess its the RAM. You should clean up your system of all the dust take out and reinsert the RAM modules properly.
I think it might just fix the problem. Just a hunch...

ya u can also try dis use a eraser to clean ur ram pin thoroughly, dis problem can even exist due to carbon formation on d ram pins.

I had the same problem until two weeks ago and traced it to the PSU.

Remove the graphics card and try booting it up from the onboard solution if your mobo has one. If it boots up fine, dump your PSU since it can't provide the necessary power.

i dunt have onboard... willl try the eraser trick and get back to you .. thanks

EDITED::
Just cleaned the ram WITH AN ERASER changed the slots still nothing same thing happening...
also if there was a problem with the psu then y is everything else getting powered up ???

is it possible that thrs something wrong with my mobo
As it is i have some issues connecting hdd's to it only 3 of the 4-5 sata ports work on it .......

bt the thing is if its a psu problem y is everything else getting powered up perfectly and just the comp not booting... god now not even changing ram is working :(

for sure brother , its a FAULTY MOBO ERROR .

I am 100% sure . Any one of the IC on mobo must be getting heated extra ordinary . dats not allowing the pc to start up .

I am 200% damm sure its a mobo fault .

if its in warranty , get it replaced , or u'll have to buy a new one

It might as simple as some faulty connections, just re-assemble the whole rig to isolate that cause.

Although I would not isolate the motherboard problem too. PSU does not seem to be the issue, if you are indicating the problem occurs only while re-starting. Do you get any BSODs once the comp is working?

Edit: People please do not use SMS language its a pain reading Dragon unleashes post.

As a very basic thing, you can try to note down ur BIOS settings, and then reset the BIOS using ur motherboard jumper/ switch option. See if problem persists. If yes, borrow a PSU - perhaps the PSU is not able to provide sufficient power on the motherboard line sometimes (how old is it?). Just because fans turn on doesnt mean that the system is on, the fans are linked to different voltage lines.

If your issue persists with another PSU also, have ur mobo checked by the dealer and get it RMA'ed if needed.

Also - visually inspect your motherboard and see if any capacitors (the small tubular things) are swollen, or have swollen heads, if so, photo it and post back asap.

Cheers!

Aces170 said:
It might as simple as some faulty connections, just re-assemble the whole rig to isolate that cause.
Although I would not isolate the motherboard problem too. PSU does not seem to be the issue, if you are indicating the problem occurs only while re-starting. Do you get any BSODs once the comp is working?

Edit: People please do not use SMS language its a pain reading Dragon unleashes post.

Its useless , I am again confirming its all because of faulty Mobo .
No use of getting into anything else . Rest everything is fine .

Just get Mobo RMA'ed or else buy a new one .

Note :- Again i am 300% sure :)

satanofgamers said:
i dunt have onboard... willl try the eraser trick and get back to you .. thanks

EDITED::
Just cleaned the ram WITH AN ERASER changed the slots still nothing same thing happening...
also if there was a problem with the psu then y is everything else getting powered up ???

is it possible that thrs something wrong with my mobo
As it is i have some issues connecting hdd's to it only 3 of the 4-5 sata ports work on it .......

As i told u earlier ur mobo can also be d culprit, d last thing u can do by changing d gfx to check d problem, if it still persists than its ur mobo who is the source of d problem.....

anubhav2345 said:
Its useless , I am again confirming its all because of faulty Mobo .

No use of getting into anything else . Rest everything is fine .

Just get Mobo RMA'ed or else buy a new one .

Note :- Again i am 300% sure :)

It does indicate to be a mobo problem, but you have to isolate the cause, cannot just RMA it without being sure. You do understand the whole RMA process is a pain, and if the mobo is not the culprit would just amount to wastage of time.

I had a similar issue, comp use to run fine for days at a stretch but once I restarted the machine it would stop responding. I just reseated the PSU connections on the mobo and the graphics card, solved the problem.

Back