My experience with Tirupati for Seasonic PSU RMA - whole story with screenshots!!!!

Hi all,

As I had said earlier, once I get my psu back, I will post the entire story. So, here it is. There is a total of 49 screenshots. They are in ascending order from 1 to 49.

I am really grateful to Seasonic global, the way they came to help me out is really exemplary to show their passion and intend towards customer satisfaction. I wish Indian exporters / rma providers act the same way and it will indeed help in their business growth as well.

Thanks,

Niladri.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Here is the rest of the part.....
26.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
49.jpg

Last edited:
The first instinctive response is to straight up deny warranty or find some fault/damage done by the user. That just made me angry. Most sellers just care about sales, really bad after sales support. Glad it got sorted out by the head office.

@simforgotten you have your mobile number in the first pic. Maybe you forgot to remove personal details.

Typical indian attitudes towards anything but exemplary service from seasonic tw.

They could have easily just swept the whole issue under the carpet, but they took it very seriously, including you not having to ship the psu back to them, then agreeing to ship a replacement directly to tirupati, and finally the adjustment for customs. This is how it's supposed to be done. I've had similar experiences with many indian companies, from mobile phones, computer parts to household plumbing fittings, all they want to do is find an excuse to deny warranty.

Also, kudos to you for your persistence. Incidentally, did tirupati ship the new psu to you or did you have to go collect it? In which case it would have cost you 1400+1400 in petrol.

I used to be very persistent with issues like this, these days i just don't have the patience, i would just throw it away and buy a new one. :-(

edit: i also guess this was succesful because the GM abhishek kejriwal himself was involved...

Well I went to collect that. Anyway I was really happy to get a replacement and also had some other things to purchase from Chandni market. Hence, I opted to visit Tirupati personally to get the replacement.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Glad everything got sorted albeit from I'nal counterparts.
As said earlier "Most Indian biz only care about selling, they will only lure you about service and barking at initial stages and once established they dont give a damn about customer service and they will prove their illiteracy on delivery aspects like warranty knowledge in your case".
Some more compliantS should go directly to Seasonic Taiwan and they should demote Tirupati as their RMA partners and make someone worthy iN charge instead.

I was also assisted the same way from Coolermaster Taiwan where they sent me free replacement for an out of warranty product (3yr old)

Last edited:
From the screenshots , I read about the warranty sticker. I have read somewhere that the warranty void stickers are bullsh*t and a company cannot deny the warranty claim for a torn stickers

Well I had mine intact and guess what Mr Souvik wrote to Seasonic that I broke fan grill screw. What a blatant lier!!!! In call he tried to explain me that as I wasn't able to screw the grill properly(the grill was a bit loose) it is broken. How pathetic!!!! Being the RMA provider in charge, he does not know warranty period of products!!!! I had to remind him twice and send screenshot fro manufacturer website. Tell me how many persons have got the leisure and possibility of checking manufacturer warranty? Any less knowledgeable person will blindly believe their lies.

I had a sad encounter with Rashi Peripherals in Bangalore. I had a Asus Essence STX sound card which stopped working out of the blue about a month before warranty expires , i went ahead and submitted the card. They made me wait around 2.5 hours at their office just to get the card submitted for RMA evaluation (initial person was clueless to what it is and was refusing to accept it)

Post submission , they confirmed that there is an issue almost after 1.5 weeks of RMA request. Then they sent it across to the international HQ and mentioned that they cant provide a replacement and will provide a cheque as per depreciated value and i got around 8.9k odd after waiting for around 3 months

Well that's sad experience. Most Indian sellers do not care about after sales services. But sometimes it can also happen that replacement unit is not in stock or end of life. That's when the real pain starts as you cannot get replacement. But I would say Kaizen Infotech Corsair service is the best.

I mailed to Kaizen saying that one of my aio cooler fans went bad and I need a replacement. They asked my product serial no and pics. I told them that I do not need rma for whole aio, just one fan which my son broke accidentally. They asked for my address and asked me to deposit 500 inr. I did not do the deposit and to my surprise, the replacement reached me within 2 days, without doing any payment. I did the payment later on. I do not know they did it mistakenly or intentionally but it's unexpectedly positive from my point of view.

Thanks,

Niladri.

Yup Kaizen has been an exception for most of us. Have had positive experience twice with RAM related replacements. Same has been the case with Western Digital as well.

Even PSUs have one with sticker, covering one of the screws to open up the unit. You should not open psu anyway because of high voltage danger.

Thanks

Niladri.

Even PSUs have one with sticker, covering one of the screws to open up the unit. You should not open psu anyway because of high voltage danger.

Thanks

Niladri.
Its usually from static build up or leftover charge which can cause damage hence for noobs & people who are immature to handle such stuff better not risk it.
Anyone can safely open a psu provided he doesn't touch any of the components inside barehanded or with any metal thing else be ready for uncertainties.
Unless out of warranty issues, one can open it safely and clean every corner neatly using a basic brush and a soft blower...

Well good work and appreciate such a honest followups from OP for this. I had contacted Tirupati for the gaming capture card and will think twice whether to purchase it or not?

I had a sad encounter with Rashi Peripherals in Bangalore. I had a Asus Essence STX sound card which stopped working out of the blue about a month before warranty expires , i went ahead and submitted the card. They made me wait around 2.5 hours at their office just to get the card submitted for RMA evaluation (initial person was clueless to what it is and was refusing to accept it)

Post submission , they confirmed that there is an issue almost after 1.5 weeks of RMA request. Then they sent it across to the international HQ and mentioned that they cant provide a replacement and will provide a cheque as per depreciated value and i got around 8.9k odd after waiting for around 3 months

I wouldn't call that a sad story, rather very lucky! What if the card had failed a day after the warranty expired?

At least you got that much after using it for the entire warranty period.

Back