Linux My first Arduino...the InduinoX let the tinkering begin!!

Hello all,

So I finally took the decision to dive further deep into electronics and finally ordered the arduino(about which I had heard from 9 months but was on fence)
Finally I decided to order it and after researching around finding from a old thread of @Jakob that he had ordered arduino from Simple Labs I went ahead
But I ordered the InduinoX, the modified Indian version of the same

Now this thread is not about informing everyone about what arduino is, that is little large concept for unknown, but about the sort of service I got from Simple Labs
After I placed the order on there site, it was delivered to me in 2-3 days
The first thing that took me away was the packaging it came in
I have seen many sellers shipping delicate items in cardboard boxes, but the board was shipped in a nice sturdy plastic box with adequate amount of bubble wrap around
So I opened it, followed the tutorial for beginners on simple labs blog, and started the programing, but sadly something was broke in the board, turned out it was the IC(though technically it was not broken, but was of different kind)
So I email the owner of Simple Labs about the issue, and he too told me try some steps to troubleshoot, but it did not work
Finally he told me he will ship me a new IC, now when I searched for the IC on internet I found it to be Rs 400 worth

If it would have been a any average seller, he would ask me proof about my story, I would mail him many time phone calls, persuading him etc etc
This guy at simple labs was so kind he shipped the IC, and that too in same format as the board on the same day I mailed him
I have not written this long post as a review or something, but I want the next guy looking for arduino threads(as I did) to sometimes stumble upon this and order from simple labs worry free

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Mods: I have posted here because Arduino is a Open source platform, I couldn't find a suitable section

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. This will certainly help people who are sometimes worried about seller not honouring their customers. Kudos to SimpleLabs...

I just got my arduino yesterday. its the Freeduino from EmbeddedMarket.com for Rs. 882 (link)
Its a board based on Arduino Duemilanove with Atmega 328.
The embedded market's price was the cheapest that I found on internet, and then ordered. The order was processed very quickly and I recieved the board in 3 days which was very impressive. The packing was also very good. basically he kept the board in a antistatic bag then put that bag in a small plastic box and then put that box in a bigger cardboard box with lots of news paper. I was flattered.

As for the board, its the Freeduino 1.16 with atmega 328. I connected to win7 and the drivers got installed automatically, started the arduino selected the correct com port and board type as "Arduino Duemilanove with atmega328" and tried to load the blinking program, got sync error. tried few times and failed. the figured out that just after pressing the upload button I have to press the reset button on the board very quickly.

At the end of the day, I am very happy :bigok:

I just got my arduino yesterday. its the Freeduino from EmbeddedMarket.com for Rs. 882 (link)
Its a board based on Arduino Duemilanove with Atmega 328.
The embedded market's price was the cheapest that I found on internet, and then ordered. The order was processed very quickly and I recieved the board in 3 days which was very impressive. The packing was also very good. basically he kept the board in a antistatic bag then put that bag in a small plastic box and then put that box in a bigger cardboard box with lots of news paper. I was flattered.

As for the board, its the Freeduino 1.16 with atmega 328. I connected to win7 and the drivers got installed automatically, started the arduino selected the correct com port and board type as "Arduino Duemilanove with atmega328" and tried to load the blinking program, got sync error. tried few times and failed. the figured out that just after pressing the upload button I have to press the reset button on the board very quickly.

At the end of the day, I am very happy :bigok:

You found out a very good site, it has almost all components related to electronic project, will soon order something from them, great find

Back