OC & Modding My first complete WC setup!

Mounting the block on the GPU really took some time.. but I think its worth it... :)
Problem #1:
The connection from the CPU to the GPU would ideally need a 90* fitting, but I did not have a spare. When I was planning, I initially though a 45* fitting should be fine, but was clearly wrong. Anyway, monsoon 90* fittings were out of stock anyway, so had no chance there. Will try getting one soon(mostly in jan). Also, this was the only real way I could mount it, though it looks a little weird. The tube is slightly kinked, very slightly though. The fitting also comes very very close to the graphics card.

Whoa! That looks very dangerous. You might want to replace that with a regular compression fitting...

Fill Port
I think I can talk about this, could be helpful to others. The H220X comes with a drain port at the bottom of the rad (or the top, whichever way you mount it). In my case, if I had to use it, I would need to remove the rad and then pull it out a bit and fill/drain. This is the reason why I did not go for the H240X (280mm rad) as I would not get any space for the 90* angled fitting.

So, to fill the system, I need to lay the system on its side, then the port would be nearly the highest point in the loop and I can fill the loop up with relative easy. To drain it, just make it stand up upright like normal, where the port is now at the lowest point. I used the included tubing for it as it "merges" with the rad.

2vccfhz.jpg

28he54m.jpg

20keid1.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1449583290][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whoa! That looks very dangerous. You might want to replace that with a regular compression fitting...
I wish buddy, but the angle was too steep.

I assume you mean the H220-x which the OP purchased. This one doesn't infringe as the pump is not a part of the block. The pump is simply a rebadged Laing.

Had been in the custom loop business a while ago. However got out of it as I found it to be rather cumbersome in the long run.

Nope was referring to the H220. Not officially sold in the US, but I got it from a Canadian online store. Swiftech still provides support for it in the US, though.

Guys just an update, I initially had doubts about the 240mm Rad being enough for a CPU and the graphics card, but the temperatures look really good. The CPU idle temps are around 33c while the GPU is at 30c. Under load, CPU goes up to about 42c and the GPU at 40c. Ambient temperature is at 25c ish, running everything at stock clocks. The pump and fans are running at about 80% speed (pump 2600 rpm, fans ~1500 rpm). Don't think there is a need for another rad, at least till there is no major overclock.

awesome build.... tat pastel coolant looking really great and the thickness of the tubes... anyways a slight suggestion, it would be be great if you remove the 45* adapter frm the outlet of the cpu block and put the tube straight to the cpu block and use that 45* or a 90* adapter on the gpu inlet...

awesome build.... tat pastel coolant looking really great and the thickness of the tubes... anyways a slight suggestion, it would be be great if you remove the 45* adapter frm the outlet of the cpu block and put the tube straight to the cpu block and use that 45* or a 90* adapter on the gpu inlet...
Thanks buddy, yup, ordered the 90* fitting(for the GPU inlet), should be here in a couple of weeks. Will remove the 45* fitting then. Keeping the hard tubing on hold for now, might get it in a few months down the line.
I have also asked the guys @CEZOR to make me a gpu blackplate. Thinking of a matte back backplate, what do you think?

@Chaos its a 2500k and a Zotac GTX 780Ti Amp. I know its kinda old, but still does the job :)

Thanks @toxicdrift @Soyab0007 @Roxitx

Thanks guys.

BTW, will be redoing the build with a new board and rigid tubing. Will try painting the motherboard to match the color scheme as well. Hope all goes well :)

Back