OC & Modding My first Hardline watercooling build[with Modded Motherboard]

Hi Guys,

A few months ago I had got hooked to water cooling and after multiple efforts and some delays, I can finally say I have completed my build. What started off as an itch for an upgrade finally ended up with me finding a passion, learning a lot and feeling very satisfied with the end result (how often does that happen?!).

Configuration (Nothing fancy here):
Intel Core i5 2500k
Asus P8Z77-V deluxe (Thank you Asus, @CloudVII)
8GB(4GB x2) Samsung Green 30nm RAM @1866MHz CL10
16GB(8GB x2) Kingston HyperX @1866MHz CL10
Zotac GTX 780Ti Amp! 3GP (Thank you @Zotac)
Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD
Corsair VX550 550W PSU

Water cooling config:
Swiftech H220X
Barrow Fittings (Very good VFM, recommended):
* 6x 16mm ID Hand Compression Hardtube fittings
* 4 90 Degree Rotary
* 2x 20mm Extenders
* 2x 10mm Entenders
* 2x 7.5mm Extenders
* 1x 12mm ID Barb Fitting
Also had 1 EK fill port
Monsoon 16mm OD PETG Tubing
EK FC GTX780Ti Full Cover waterblock
Mayhems Pastel White Fluid

Anyway, without further delay, here is the full setup:
16a35le.jpg

2vim3ki.jpg

15871nr.jpg

vnf1hk.jpg

117edsi.jpg

o0zdwi.jpg

Tagging @iPwnz @toxicdrift @Chaos @PHOENiX117 @mav2000

Last edited:
Very nice and clean! I like the way you used the fitting and bending combo for the CPU-GPU connection. And the entire loop doesn't look too bendy or too fittingy! LOL

Btw, where did you get the wire combs from?

very nice rig. jealous :(

can you give a step by step build process photographs.

also did you bend the pipes yourself or they were like that only?
I will try posting some pictures, but it wont be a build log as I did not take pics at all steps.
Yup, made the bends myself. There are a lot of tutorials for bending PETG out there, but here are some of my findings that others missed out:
1. Don't use a reamer to clean edges of a PETG tube. It tends to jump and does not give a clean surface. Its better to just sand it flat. Use the sandpaper to blunt both the outer and inner edges of the tube.
2. Straighten the silicon tube insert before you start using it. Mine came coiled, so when I was heating the tubes, the tubes started to bend prematurely, which messed up my measurements.

Very nice and clean! I like the way you used the fitting and bending combo for the CPU-GPU connection. And the entire loop doesn't look too bendy or too fittingy! LOL

Btw, where did you get the wire combs from?
Thanks. I tried to bend the tube to avoid those extra fittings, but the bends were too close and I could not get it. Ended up ordering mode fittings, which was a major cause for delay.
I got the wire combs from performance PCs. Not a big fan of them, I am considering trying out some weaving.

Thanks. I tried to bend the tube to avoid those extra fittings, but the bends were too close and I could not get it. Ended up ordering mode fittings, which was a major cause for delay.
I got the wire combs from performance PCs. Not a big fan of them, I am considering trying out some weaving.

I was planning to get the sleeving stuff from IceModz but ended up getting some from Aliexpress and created a vector for wire combs and got it machined on MS locally. It cost me half the price with no shipping or customs. I'm still working on my sleeving and if this worked out well, I'll post the vector file over here so that others can get it milled on acrylic or metal.

Back