My Humble Recording/Podcasting setup

ronnie_gogs

Morphing from a Geek to a Nerd
Skilled
Guys so I had recently created a thread for making a home recoring and podcasting setup... Didn't get much help as it seems not many people are interested in recording... So I had to do my own research

http://www.techenclave.com/audio-zo...cording-video-rig-recommendations-201340.html

Being on a tight budget didn't help either... So I got what I could on the budget ...

So here goes

My Humble Recording Setup
Steinberg Ci1 - I Would say its the best in the price range
Features
  • 2 Combo jacks which can be used for XLR/1/4 inch/RCA inputs
  • 2 Mic pre amps with a gain of +60 db (Pretty good for entry level)
  • Phantom power for when I get a condenser mic later :D
  • USB Powered
  • High Z input for connecting a guitar directly

Untitled by ronnie_gogs, on Flickr

Damages : 150 SGD

Microphone
I was guided to use dynamic at first as I do not have a sound proof room and noise would be an issue also condenser mics are pretty expensive

So I got these
Wharfedale DM 2.0

Got a set of three as it was pretty cheap and I though better to have backups rather than buy a single mic

The Box - Nice hard case with foam inside to protect the mics

Damages: 60 SGD

Here is the final Setup on my table

Simple but I like it simple for now -- Will make it drool worthy and complicated later as I outgrow this equipment and learn the tricks of the trade

XLR Cable : 14 SGD for 25 feet (nothing shorter was available then :p)
PS : Getting a electric guitar most probably in January when I come back to Singapore ... Going home for now :D

sarang said:
Cool ronnie! That's some neat setup, now please share the name/url of your podcast. :)

Still setting it up... But would be boring podcasts about my Masters course in Logistics for now.... Will let you know as soon as the website and feed is setup... Got exams now so busy studying for now

Congrats man! That's a simple and neat setup. :)

Simple but I like it simple for now -- Will make it drool worthy and complicated later as I outgrow this equipment and learn the tricks of the trade

I think a vast majority of us go by the same rule. :p

Guys since people are viewing it I would like to ask a few things about the Guitar....

I plan to get it when I come back in January... I am a Les Paul fan so no Stratocaster/Telecaster/SG/Ibanez designs for me...

Planning to get a basic Les Paul copy for now... Not the Epihphone Standard one as its 800+ (out of budget)

I have tried a lot of guitars lately Epiphone Special II, Fender Squire Start, Hamer SFX2, Hamer Monaco, Washburn, LTD EC10 phew :p

One guy even allowed me to play Gibson Les Paul original :D A 4000 SGD guitar :D :D

But the one I loved the most is this one

Rally GL300 for 380 SGD

Absolutely love the sound - Heavy Mahogany Body with flame top vintage cherry (Les Paul holy grail color I would say)

Rosewood fingerboard

Covered Humbuckers

So what do you think.. Good choice... Although I will try few more before I buy a guitar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back