My PC Eats my mouse every 2-3 months any solution ? (place adjacent to window)

Futureized

Skilled
I tried different mice, different brands but is my PC eating my mice/mouse or is it because of being adjacent to window..
Like when i open my keyboard/mouse drawer, its like 1 feet away from window..

Issues being same always on various OS.. linux,windows *anything*.
Mouse clicks wont work !!!!!! properly, both left and right click.

Is it directly exposed to heat, moisture etc. anyway if it stops working within 2-3 months, you can claim warranty, expecting no physical damage.

Is it directly exposed to heat, moisture etc. anyway if it stops working within 2-3 months, you can claim warranty, expecting no physical damage.
Yes directly exposed to everything you said above. since just a feet max 1.5 feet from window..
Hence direct exposure to sunlight in afternoon to evening is entirely possible, including open window most of times (day/night).

Do I have any suggestions to save future mice ?
Also I am surprised only mouse fails nothing else, like keyboard, Bluetooth speakers etc. ?
Nothing else.

Yes directly exposed to everything you said above. since just a feet max 1.5 feet from window..
Hence direct exposure to sunlight in afternoon to evening is entirely possible, including open window most of times (day/night).

Also I am surprised only mouse fails nothing else, like keyboard, Bluetooth speakers etc. ?
Nothing else.
I really didnt get your problem term "PC eating my mice/mouse" if you can elaborate more clearly.

I have exact same setup like you just besides my window which in fact is a huge big clear transparent slider. In the afternoon time the sun is so harsh that incl. my cabinet and inside components, my keyboard and mouse also get warm or hot if its true summer season.
But till date using same mouse for 4 yrs now no issues. I use 2 mouse: one wired and one wireless.
I did changed my house twice during this period but the setup remained same: besides window as thats what I love.
But nor my pc is eating my mouse nor any cat around.

In general direct sunlight is not good for anything electronics.
What brands have been used ? Also what exactly are the issues ?
I had a whole string of shit logitech mouse's where click n drag would stop working. Current mouse also had this problem, but simply opening and closing fixed it.

I tried different mice, different brands but is my PC eating my mice/mouse or is it because of being adjacent to window..
Like when i open my keyboard/mouse drawer, its like 1 feet away from window..

Issues being same always on various OS.. linux,windows *anything*.
Mouse clicks wont work !!!!!! properly, both left and right click.

Nothing else.

I think you are handling the computer mouse gently.

If so, direct sunlight is the next possible reason for the random damage of the mouse.

If you can't keep the mouse away from the window, you should use a curtain to avoid direct sunlight into your room.

Thanks Guys, I guess I will keep mouse/keyboard/speakers wrapped with cloth when not in use.
Dust surely is major issue here, due to good air ventilation.

@cute.bandar did you meant to unscrew and re-screw the mouse ? without doing any changes ?

Back