My portable audio rig

@Brendon: Thanks :D and sure, whenever you guys are free.

@Ritvik: You have a pretty awesome rig yourself! I now understand why did you do a CF mod on your iPod.

Regarding the A151s - pretty awesome. Having only auditioned TF10s before when it comes to BA IEMs, I must say I am thoroughly impressed! The bass isn't there in terms of quality as my Monster Turbines - but these are easily a few notches ahead of the Turbines at half the price. The bass is tight and controlled, but not extended - which is fine as I guess I'm not as big of a basshead as I thought I was! The treble extension too is lacking, but considering this is a single BA IEM, that's expected. The treble isn't bright and harsh - which is what I really like considering I have low tolerance for that. The mids are nice, appeared slightly recessed but with the new rig I think that's sorted too. Overall the sound is slightly warm, but really, really nice. The clarity is fantastic, and I think these will make a great backup IEM once my TF10s arrive. Oh, and the cable is simply fantastic! The cable is similar to the one on DBA-02 which I had the good fortune of trying out a few weeks ago for a bit, and that + housings make these by far the most comfortable IEMs I own.

I'm trying to see if I can try out MEE's CC51's which a friend owns - which are almost as good as these in all departments, and take things a notch higher with the bass, plus it has ceramic housings so I'm really looking forward to that. I was originally going to purchase the SW-Xcape but v2 has received mixed reviews so I guess I am very happy with my purchase :)

Finally someone got an Arrow. Congrats for the rig :D

Expecting your views on A151 vs CC51 soon.

Your want list is pretty good as well. Finally, somebody interested in checking out Stepdance other than me. So, when can we expect the rest of the Wants here?

@Brendon,

I am very interested in knowing how 262 - Arrow sounds like

Thank you Santhosh sir :D

I already spent a small fortune on these, so maybe towards the end of the year I might consider further purchases :)

I'm working on a couple of things and if they work out, then maybe I can definitely consider taking a plunge to buy a nice amp and possibly customs.

So far, everything sounds super fabulous with the amp. Definitely worth the sweet money! And hopefully with the TF10s the listening experience will go over the top.

Wow, i'm really happy someone finally got the Headstage Arrow. I hope its not for the TF10's as the TF10 doesn't need amping, it can only sound worse if its not a good/neutral/clean amp.

Congratulations on the awesome purchases. I hope i see you at the next head-fi meet. :)

Yep yep, I'm aware the TF10 works fine unamped. It's more for A/B testing and using with other phones ;)

Shall look forward to seeing you at the next meet. Seems the Arrow has been something a lot of TE folks have been looking forward to - so I'm privileged to have been able to pick one up.

^ I actually ordered Arrow long time back (August, IIRC). But, it got lost in transit when he finally sent it on Dec 17th (and worse still, I've lost only 3 International parcels till date, It HAD to be one of them :(). Postal department chose to change postal jurisdiction of 6 areas including ours to another post office due to non-delivery complaints. I checked everywhere I can, but as it's an ordinary airmail, they all declined to even hear me out. I complained to Robert and he offered to send it by DHL to make sure that it doesn't get lost. But I haven't heard back from him for over a month now. I've written off that $265 as my hopes of ever seeing it have receded. So, I have to vicariously enjoy the amp through your and other's reviews now.

Sorry to hear that. It is due to that concern that I had my iPod + Arrow Fed Ex'd to me by paying a bomb. The customs + shipping cost me $51, but it's okay, I at least got my package within 5 days.

I rarely am happy to receive anything these days - be it a top-tier IEM or a new player. My reaction is a typical "meh". Today for a change, I am truly excited. I finally have the Arrow :D. Time to unpack and try them with all that I can think of.

Congrats! I have just a few earphones to try them out with, but the Arrow is pretty fantastic I must say. I'm really happy with the sound - it's brilliant :D

Back