Myntra to bring back Desktop site after Failed attempts

swatkats

Skilled
Fashion retailer Myntra, which became the first web-based e-commerce firm to go app-only, has taken a step back. It is rolling out a mobile website, which is currently in pilot stage. The move may have been fuelled by its app-only strategy backfiring and the retailer losing traffic and sales post the development.

Myntra's parent, Flipkart, also recently re-introduced a mobile web version, Flipkart Lite, which tries to offer an app-like experience. Another e-commerce major, Snapdeal, which generates over 70% of its sales from mobile devices, too, has come up with Snap-Lite, a modified mobile web site.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-pilots-mobile-site/articleshow/49989448.cms

Customers who type myntra.com/dresses can see the catalogue, but to make the purchase they need to open the app. The company’s spokespersons have refused to comment on the development. The desktop website is just a banner page pointing to the app.
http://indianexpress.com/article/te...as-mobile-site-goes-live-heres-what-it-means/

Timeline:
arRasA3.jpg

Lessons not yet Learnt?

Last edited:
I'd give a Pulitzer to the reporter who can get a quote from anyone of the 3 Bansals on the rationale behind this step. eff Myntra and FK anyway. Never used their app, and now will never use their crap site either.

BTW, here's a gem from Sachin when Myntra decided to go app only:
“When cars came for the first time, the questions were being asked that horses are so much better. I’m seeing similar arguments, because consumers are using mobile."

Moron.

Ever since I found Amazon, find their service to be very good, products are reasonably priced too, my Flipkart visit has been reduced to 1/5 th at least. Myntra? LOL! There was a backpack offer going on few months ago, visited Myntra website from PC, it took me half an hour to understand that they are app only, still went on and installed the app and bought, but that was it. Both these websites are pretty meaningless for me, and I believe for many other people too.

Whoever has had the idea of introducing this app-only idea, well I request his brain to be kept after his death, people will come visit.

Ever since I found Amazon, find their service to be very good, products are reasonably priced too, my Flipkart visit has been reduced to 1/5 th at least. Myntra? LOL!
Other than a few times when i used to check the price of Moto phones I don't think that i visited the site in ages. My last order on Fk was many years ago, same goes for Myntra where i placed my last order before fk bought it off. Hah!
Honestly, I do not mind using apps for browsing but i hate the fact that their app installation policies are scummy. Want to access my contacts and messages? _|_ Its not like fk/myntra/whoever whatever are the only online shopping sites around. Sucks that many in India don't give a shit about privacy policies or are ignorant to them. They are some of the things why these morons are exploiting us. Sad.

Give them more 6 months, Their beta phase will get over.. App-only ka bhoot uttarega!
Next time.... Mark my words!! :D

Desktop website will be back..

The desktop site is likely to be rolled out on June 1, a company official confirmed when queried by TOI.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...elaunch-desktop-site/articleshow/52093930.cms

Ananth Narayanan, Myntra's CEO said the decision to revert to having a desktop presence was due to customers wanting to have a choice.
"It was a bold experiment, but all such moves are not right and we accept that. There is a segment of Indian consumers which is looking to make purchases over desktops and we wanted to give them the choice."

iXW62UC.jpg

Last edited:
such decisions are made when you start thinking from the ass and shitting from the mouth.
Does anyone shop on myntra ?

^I used to, long before it was bought off by Flipkart. Their services were really good then. Now i see many people raising complaints for poor services and fake products mainly shoes. Not sure if the complaints are legit though.
It was a bold very stupid experiment (and the decision was made while we were drunk with $_$)
FTFY.
Btw i'm starting to think that all this "CEO of X company" thing in India is stupid. Silly bragging rights aka titles ain't gonna help your ship steer clear away from shitstorm. But its not surprising to see this from Myntra considering Flipkart's top two executives were forced to change roles (ex-COO->CEO, ex-CEO->Chairman something).

Last edited:
I am sure the person behing this idea from Myntra or Flipkart would be looking for a job elsewhere. This idea was a failure from the word GO.

Windows desktop app actually mitigates the lack of a proper website. Discovered it a couple of weeks ago. Had completely stopped buying from Myntra for over a year. Now, I might buy again.

I applaud Myntra

- they made a crazy (yet stupid decision IMO), which no one ever thought
- now they accepted their mistake and correcting it

You don't learn till you fail and you don't bring success till you are crazy. At first I thought what kind of idiots they are etc. now after being in such environment (read startup), I can understand Myntra.

Also, accepting a mistake is a positive step.

Had completely stopped buying from Myntra for over a year. Now, I might buy again.
Same Case here. I might switch loyalties from Jabong..

OT: I used to notice a Myntra delivery guy roaming twice a day near my locality. Now he's no longer seen quite often. Recently When i asked him he agreed that people stopped buying and deliveries fell down from 50-80 to 25-15 a day.. because of App-only. Poor Myntra!

Last edited:
App.. App.. Crap!

---------------------------

Yesterday we unintentionally inundated many of your phones with notifications. We messed up and owe you an explanation of what happened and what we are doing to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

What happened
On Thursday, May 19, at around 2:00 pm, the notifications team updated our fleet of notification servers with a code change. It took about 3 minutes for the deployment systems to update all our notification servers with the change.

Within minutes of the code-push, our users, including several employees started reporting that they were getting bombarded with notifications, unrelated to their interactions with Myntra. The team immediately stopped our notification systems and started to troubleshoot. However, within that short period, a lot of notifications had already been sent. We did cancel a lot of the notifications that were en-route, but unfortunately by then a lot of our customers had already received them. (..Show me More)

Back