Naming reasons for TE IDs and your choice of Strangest IDs

jammy420

Adept
When I first started using TE, one odd thing I found was the IDs of TE guys. Some strange names exist.
Maybe because of the fact, this was one of the first few forums I signed into. My ID carries the name because I was a Rahul Dravid fan, plus impressed by Chachi 420 in tamil version. Combined both. It stuck with me ever since my school days

Comment below some IDs, that made you raise your eyebrows and also the reason behind your ID

Me : @Lord Nemesis

Last edited:
Mine is a variation based on the handle "Arch Nemesis" that I used when playing Age of Empires multi player 20 years back and later UT and UT2003 and also my steam account registered back in 2004. I registered on TE around the same time i.e. 2005. My rig is also named nemesis. Nemesis in mythology is the goddess of retribution.

Mine is an acronym for my name. I first used it for an email account and have continued using it for all my forum ids.
In my college time, I used to spend a lot of time on TE and other forums, so much so, that even my college friends started calling me rdst.

Mine is reference to the usual way speeds of aircraft are expressed in terms of the speed of sound when flying through the air & 9 is a favourite number for me.. hence Mach9 since I spend a lot of time in the air.. lol

The last I checked, the fastest manned aircraft was still the SR-71 Blackbird with a max speed of around Mach 3.7 though there have been much faster unmanned experimental aircraft since then.. the max being Mach 6.7 I think

I came up with mine because of my multiple interests and wanted a good striking one (because I suffer from identity crises!?!?) ... a fellow who wants to rock everything he does :D so Rock fella.

I got masters degree in Maths and 'The Matrix' was my fav movie. I came up with 'mathrix' at first, which later become 'mathrisk'.
The same id I used in LAN (DC++ and gaming) during hostel days.

I was given the nickname prabs - which is a mod of my actual name - by a friend in school because she felt my actual name was too boring and uncool as it rhymed with trouble.

Been using it ever since.

Still is hands down the most Epic GTA to date, and Tommy the most badass protagonist.
Amen to that. I might've completed the game thrice. I knew the streets and directions so well I'm pretty sure if I load up the game today, I would be able to drive my way around many known locations/safe houses. Sorry for going OT.
I chose renegade as it sounded badass and I have a the same handle on steam and psn.

Dont get confused by my name as I'm not an NRI.:p
There are few stories though strongest one is related to my college project as I was a surprise pick for a project whose name abbreviated as NRI. (right now cant figure out any of those words as NRI was so catchy hardly anyone cared what it stood for):bag:
Then friends and colleagues started calling me NRI & also my real name starts by similar alphabets so the combination went really strong.

Back