Nasal Septum Deviation

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
^talking of which, I shall be paying you a visit soon doc. Need to get a surgery done on the nose.

Re: My Wife Has Gone Through Gall Stone Operation Today!!!!

Gannu said:
^talking of which, I shall be paying you a visit soon doc. Need to get a surgery done on the nose.

i also have nose surgery due. may i know which one ur going for ? i am up for deviated nose septum surgery.

Gannu said:

Why do you need a nose job..? :O Planning to become like Michael Jackson..? :p

^lol no. Deviated nasal septum it is. :)

Was getting frequent colds and sneezing after a shower or if I were to poke my nose. Consulted a general physician and he suggested that some part is blocking path, is bent or something and that it needs to be operated. He has advised me to consult an ENT surgeon who can guide me better.

I think delguy also needs a similar surgery. My mum who underwent the surgery long back said she was only given a local anesthesia and that she could feel the parts being chipped off from the nostril using some small hammer. :fear:

Gannu said:

Was getting frequent colds and sneezing after a shower or if I were to poke my nose. Consulted a general physician and he suggested that some part is blocking path, is bent or something and that it needs to be operated. He has advised me to consult an ENT surgeon who can guide me better.

I think delguy also needs a similar surgery. My mum who underwent the surgery long back said she was only given a local anesthesia and that she could feel the parts being chipped off from the nostril using some small hammer. :fear:

yeah i am going for same soon by end of this month or so this problem is with 80 percent people but only lucky one like me face issues out of 80% with this issue

everyone has a deviated septum .. i went for ear cleaning and he said i have a deviated septum ... i told him , kindly clean my ear and the nose can wait :p

kippu said:
everyone has a deviated septum .. i went for ear cleaning and he said i have a deviated septum ... i told him , kindly clean my ear and the nose can wait :p

yes 80 percent people have this issue but out of 80 percent only few like me face issues due to that so i have to undergo operation

Gannu said:

Gannu stop poking your nose in wrong places then :p

Don't worry it's not a major one think my brother got the same thing done.

Spacescreamer said:
Think a bit logically mate..

Instead of goin to the doc, Get married instead..

What that supposed to mean..? Have gone like 20% deaf on the left side. :(

Had been to the ENT surgeon couple of days back, he poked some device into the nostril and showed me the tiny gap. It was way too less and this was obstructing the breathing as well. So he has advised me to take up septoplasty.

The surgery can be done anytime and takes less than an hr or a half. Whole body or local anesthesia is given. The surgeon inserts the required surgical instruments through the nostril and chips off whatever excess cartilage (soft bone st the center of the nose) is present. After this brief procedure, they insert some cotton into both the nostrils and breathing is advised through the mouth until the surgeon removes the cotton from the nostrils which generally takes from a week to 10 days.

I'll be taking up this surgery next year since I've ran out off medical/casual leaves for this year.

Gannu said:

WTF? I experience the same thing. Even my mum went through a similar operation not too long ago. My nasal area has become hyper sensitive. Time to visit the Doc I guess. :(

Doctor : Gannu after the operation no more gaming.

Gannu : Ohhh snap :death:.

@Ethan_Hunt it is the side effect of gaming sessions :p.

@Gannu: I have the same medical condition but after reading about the procedure you detailed, I am okay with it. I will live with it and die with it. I am not letting the doctor insert things inside my nose or anywhere else. :p

Metalspree said:
Doctor : Gannu after the operation no more gaming.
Gannu : Ohhh snap :death:.

@Ethan_Hunt it is the side effect of gaming sessions :p.

Also not being able to game, since hearing is warped, cannot use head phones. :(

asingh said:
Also not being able to game, since hearing is warped, cannot use head phones. :(
May I know what caused that condition asingh?
I had an ear checkup done sometime back and was told to not hear loud music.
I listen to house music (bass heavy music) for more than 10 hours a day and I fear I might be going deaf myself.
I will go for a checkup myself. Hope things dont get too serious with you!
Sorry for hijacking thread gannu :(

Ethan_Hunt said:
Dam you Metal! :mad:

@Anil: Do you use subtitles when watching movies or TV shows?

Yes, at times. If the movie is not English. Watch a lot of martial arts.
Darthcoder said:
May I know what caused that condition asingh?

I had an ear checkup done sometime back and was told to not hear loud music.

I listen to house music (bass heavy music) for more than 10 hours a day and I fear I might be going deaf myself.

I will go for a checkup myself. Hope things dont get too serious with you!

Sorry for hijacking thread gannu :(

Not sure. I had gone to my hometown Mussoorie. Came back, and suddenly less hearing. Weird. Yes that weekend I watched (period of 4 days) like 6 movies using PL20, at moderate volume on my net book. That is it. I as it is use the headphones really really less.

Back