Need a 40 incher LCD/LED Suggest

coolraghav

Skilled
Need a 40" for my bedroom so i wont prefer plasma.

Suggest me higher end models.

I have Samsung 40" 650A in my another room bought for around 90K last2last yr.. and I still find it one of the great models.

In this forum I've heard a lot about LH90 from LG, what do you suggest about it ? I think the price is good and what we getting is worth it ?

My main application would be :

720P HD Content (maybe in future 1080p fow show) - HDMI through my 5670 card But sound is going anyway to my onkyo. TV with no speakers will do too.

TATA SKY

WII and maybe PS3 sooner.

Budget : I really dont wanna spend more than 65-70K but If you guys tell me something worth it, i might give a try.

Thanks,

Raghav

2nd Post

After my research,
I've found that LED currently doesn't look technically attractive purchase as the fast moving images do have trouble in it. Whereas I still find LCDs like 6 Series samsung much better. (although ofcourse not slimmer).

Went to croma (walkin distance frm hse) saw sony's latest models..

here's what I found

KLV-EX400 - 65kish

and some higher model than this for 68K (but it had glassy kinda screen, which I dont like as reflection irritates me)

Whereas I'm getting this Samsung LA40B650T1R MRP Rs.90K for Rs.65K from Samsung Showroom with Digital Camera free.

I'm finding the samsung deal really good, although model is old in front of samsung but still technical things are almost good..

I cant find W550A officially.

Suggest !

The Samsung 40B650 is the better of the lot i would say.I am in search of the 46" of the same to no avail yet.

I had also demoed the Sony 46EX400 yesterday and thought it to be pretty normal, slightly better than the Sony V series it is replacing, but felt it compete with Samsung 5 series only.

and the Sony NX series which most probably is the one u saw with glossy screen and is the W series replacement with 120Hz display(similar to Samsung 6 series LCD).but one thing u missed is that the Samsung also incorporates glossy panel.Am mentioning it coz u were not comfortable with the glossiness of the Sony screen.

Since u already own a 40A650, this 40B650 might not feel a big step up.....so maybe u should consider going for the 46B650 if u can arrange a piece.

the B650 for 65k is a good deal,so is the W550A.you can't go wrong with either of the tvs.

the glossy screens lcds are new NX range the ones avialable in showrooms are NX500 which is just the EX400 with the addition of glass sony calls it "monolithic" design .

the actual replacement for the W series is the EX500 which has the 100hz and the NX700 which is LED lit version both are yet to be launched in india.

MAGNeT said:
Sorry raghav Ot:Adder lower range lcd 32 inch ones price will go down na after march?

initialy when ever sony launches their new models the price will be on the higher side it will drop once the competition will launch their new 2010 models,they will also wait till the older 09 models are completely sold out.but march is a bit too early for price cuts but by around june one can expect a 10% price cut,offcourse their is always the grey market where the prices of sony 32" should start at 26k or even below ,the older S550A used to be available for 27k in the grey market.

@RedBull
sony does have 40"+ models in NX range it will come NX700 which will have LED edgelit with limited dimming capabilty and 100hz.
upto 55" in EX500 series not yet launched in asia.

why dont you try an LG....i have a 42' LG LCD...its the LH50 series...brilliant contrast ratio and picture quality...plus not so much on the expensive side too...paid around 60k for it....

samsung will launch them around april,the EX400 is good too ,but i would wait for a price drop which will happen when samsung launches their models.

Back