Less than 10K Need a 4G Feature phone with Hotspot support

prohank

Disciple
Hi there,

I am looking for a budget feature phone in the range of 5k. Below are the requirements.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 1k-5k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Any

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calls and WiFi Hotspot

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A:
  • Jio Phone is out of the question as it doesn't support non-JIO sims.
  • Micromax Bharat One has got bad reviews for call quality and it is something that I can't compromise on as it is the reason I need this phone for. Has anyone here used this?

In a nutshell, a budget feature phone that:
  1. Is 4G
  2. Provides Hotspot
  3. Has good call quality
  4. Has a good Battery life
  5. Support for importing and exporting Contacts(VCF) file or google sync support

I need a feature phone that can provide these features as my smartphone's call quality has become very pathetic and battery gets exhausted very fast on cellular internet connection.

I can't buy another smartphone now because apart from these problems its working good so I'm thinking of using it like an iPod for media consumption, besides a feature phone's life is decent with a good battery and call quality also is usually good so it could be a great backup to my smartphone (which is smart for everything else just not for a phone). The phone has to have 4G with hotspot support so that I can use its data over my phone.

Please do post any options that you think are good, I'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

Instead, get a used Redmi 4/Note 4. You should be able to easily manage it in this budget. They come with a 4k mAh battery so decent battery life as well. Feature phones are hit and miss. We have 30 Jiophones in my company and going to add another 50, some have issues with speaker and camera.

I was thinking of going with a feature phone as it would be a bit smaller than a smartphone and would consume less battery because of the screen but I guess it will have to be managed if there aren't any viable options.
I won't be using the camera on my feature phone so its okay even if it isn't there honestly. Speakers are something that has to be good for my usage. Thanks for the feedback. Did you give them back for replacements or such? How is their support?

I'll be waiting a bit to see if any more devices come up in this month else will settle with a Redmi.

I was thinking of going with a feature phone as it would be a bit smaller than a smartphone and would consume less battery because of the screen but I guess it will have to be managed if there aren't any viable options.
I won't be using the camera on my feature phone so its okay even if it isn't there honestly. Speakers are something that has to be good for my usage. Thanks for the feedback. Did you give them back for replacements or such? How is their support?

I'll be waiting a bit to see if any more devices come up in this month else will settle with a Redmi.

Yes, it took about a week or so for the replacement to come. Support is so so I would say. Its not a big hit, 3 or so phones were not working.

Redmi 4 looks good
http://www.mi.com/in/redmi4/
The note 4 is more
Feature phone is smaller but so too will its battery.

I guess yeah. With 4G they will be needing bigger batteries as well. I miss the 5-day battery life of my older Nokia phone.

Are there any feature hones that even do 4G ? An upcoming Nokia i think

Yes, there are quite a few in the market. JioPhone, Micromax Bharat One are some that I know.

Yes, it took about a week or so for the replacement to come. Support is so so I would say. Its not a big hit, 3 or so phones were not working.
Oh, you mean 3 phones weren't working even after replacing them? even 3 defective out of 30 is not giving me any hope. That's a 10 pc chance of getting a nonfunctional device.

I guess yeah. With 4G they will be needing bigger batteries as well. I miss the 5-day battery life of my older Nokia phone.

Yes, there are quite a few in the market. JioPhone, Micromax Bharat One are some that I know.

Oh, you mean 3 phones weren't working even after replacing them? even 3 defective out of 30 is not giving me any hope. That's a 10 pc chance of getting a nonfunctional device.

No, we had about 3 defective ones and only for the very first one did not work after repairs, got a replacement.

Nope. Not yet. I'll be waiting for a new JIO device in the hope that it will provide hotspot functionality. Now that Google is funding KaiOS, JIO will be more popular I guess and it might pack those features.

Maybe have a look at the Nokia 2 ? Sells for around 6k ish and has a 4000mAh battery. Only con is the SD212 will be slow as hell so dont expect to do any moderate tasks on it.

Only con is the SD212 will be slow as hell
Indeed, so I can't go with it.

I don't understand why would Nokia price the Banana phone at such a high rate, doesn't look anything special except the slider which could have been avoided in my opinion to bring down the price.

Apparently, I came across a ripoff (or maybe HMD is the ripoff here don't know) called I Kall K36 that looks exactly the same and priced at just under thousand bucks but inferior on many fronts and is not 4G. Seriously. Don't trust the brand though!

Back