Budget 10-15K Need a backup phone

superczar

Skilled
I need to buy a backup phone as I am tired of Airtel data network but can't switch for various reasons.
Looking to buy a phone and put in a Jio SIM for a few simple use-cases :
- Ability to use Google pay/paytm (when data is not working on Airtel)
- Ability to browse/look up info on a browser (when data is not working on airtel)
- Ability to make/receive phone calls (when voice calls are not working on Airtel)

I don't care for looks or camera or any other feature actually
Long battery life and a small form factor would be a good to have

I am presuming 8-12K should get me something that ticks the above boxes but this segment is so confusing now that I am completely lost.

Am assuming that you are not looking at small Chinese rebrands. Check out the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1..

Am assuming that you are not looking at small Chinese rebrands. Check out the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1..
How's this compared to say a Redmi 6 pro?
One thing I do like is a high res screen and that's probably the only thing that's amust have

Is your current mobile not having dual SIM option? or you having SD card in place of Hybrid SIM slot as like Mi mobiles?
No dual SIM option on current mobile (iP X)

You don’t get much of an upgrade with the redmi 6 pro. The battery is smaller, chipset is one gen older (not sure how much of a real world difference it causes), and display resolution is almost the same. I would pick the asus over the redmi.
Post automatically merged:

Check this for a better idea..

Thanks guys.
For a change, I actually ended up buying something from a B&M store after a long time.
Picked a Redmi Note 7 that seems to do the job.

Good, make it excellent phone for the price paid!

The UI does seems a bit laggy - not exactly laggy but feels a little wayward as if too many things are happening when you press anything
But what more can one ask for 10K :)

Thanks guys.
For a change, I actually ended up buying something from a B&M store after a long time.
Picked a Redmi Note 7 that seems to do the job.

Good, make it excellent phone for the price paid!

The UI does seems a bit laggy - not exactly laggy but feels a little wayward as if too many things are happening when you press anything
But what more can one ask for 10K :)
Just like me if you too are new to MI its quite normal. The UI will fell cluttered as all kachra is on the screen. Mi has not introduced an app drawer thing which is still in early beta state. So you can expect it soon via OTA.
Meanwhile install Nova launcher or any other launcher and enjoy the rest.

Back