Budget 41-50k Need a Home PC under 50k

papul

Disciple
Jul 16, 2019
Hello. I wish to replace my 8 year old PC with a new one. I wish to buy the latest Ryzen 5 3400G CPU but I am most confused regarding the motherboard. I have a working but 6 year old Corsair 500w PSU that I would like to reuse if compatible with the new config.

1. What is your budget?
    • 50-60K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Phenom II
    • Motherboard - Some gigabyte motherboard
    • GPU - integrated in the motherboard
    • RAM - 4 GB(forgot vendor)
    • Monitor - Dell 19 inch 1366x768 VGA monitor
    • PSU - Corsair 500w PSU
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Corsair 500w (6 year old but working fine. Don't know if it will be compatible with new rig)
    • keyboard+mouse
    • UPS
    • 500GB+1TB HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - none.
    • 256GB or 512GB SSD(any good manufacturer)
    • 16 GB RAM
    • A good 24" matte display atleast 1080p resolution monitor
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I might add a dedicated GPU later on.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase(Amazon or Flipkart)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • MS-Office
    • Web Browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Atleast 1080p full HD
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux - Manjaro

vyral_143

Jarvis
Section Mod
Nov 28, 2011
香港
Thanks for the recommendation. Will this motherboard work out of the box with 3rd gen Ryzen 5 3400G CPU?
Nope, in this initial stage of Ryzen 3000 series processors, you would need to get it updated and most retailers would help you do it.

papul

Disciple
Jul 16, 2019
I was planning to buy it
Nope, in this initial stage of Ryzen 3000 series processors, you would need to get it updated and most retailers would help you do it.
I was planning to buy it online though. I am now thinking I'd rather wait a few months for updated motherboards to come on the market.