Budget 41-50k Need a Home PC under 50k

papul

Recruit
Hello. I wish to replace my 8 year old PC with a new one. I wish to buy the latest Ryzen 5 3400G CPU but I am most confused regarding the motherboard. I have a working but 6 year old Corsair 500w PSU that I would like to reuse if compatible with the new config.

1. What is your budget?
    • 50-60K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Phenom II
    • Motherboard - Some gigabyte motherboard
    • GPU - integrated in the motherboard
    • RAM - 4 GB(forgot vendor)
    • Monitor - Dell 19 inch 1366x768 VGA monitor
    • PSU - Corsair 500w PSU
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Corsair 500w (6 year old but working fine. Don't know if it will be compatible with new rig)
    • keyboard+mouse
    • UPS
    • 500GB+1TB HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - none.
    • 256GB or 512GB SSD(any good manufacturer)
    • 16 GB RAM
    • A good 24" matte display atleast 1080p resolution monitor
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I might add a dedicated GPU later on.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Open to online purchase(Amazon or Flipkart)
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • MS-Office
    • Web Browsing
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Atleast 1080p full HD
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux - Manjaro

Thanks for the recommendation. Will this motherboard work out of the box with 3rd gen Ryzen 5 3400G CPU?

Nope, in this initial stage of Ryzen 3000 series processors, you would need to get it updated and most retailers would help you do it.

I was planning to buy it
Nope, in this initial stage of Ryzen 3000 series processors, you would need to get it updated and most retailers would help you do it.

I was planning to buy it online though. I am now thinking I'd rather wait a few months for updated motherboards to come on the market.

Back