Budget 31-40k Need a laptop for programming and daily use.

prohank

Disciple
Hi guys, I have been researching from the last couple of weeks to get a laptop because my pc is getting old now and need something to replace it.

Filling out the template.

* What's your Budget?
Less than 40k.

* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
Surfing, programming, media consumption.

* What size and weight considerations do you have?
Weight < 2.5 kgs, size between 13.3" and 15.6".

* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
Prefer any of dell, hp, asus, acer, lenovo or others that make good products (none of micromax and the likes please).

* Any other considerations?
>Wifi ac if possible
>i5 6th gen or i3 6th gen because I need ddr4 ram. Just a preference to be future proof for at least next 3-4 years.
>support for SSD is must
>RAM expansion till 16GB is must
>Fhd if it's possible.

Some of my considerations.

1. HP 15-AY503Tx. (was getting for 38k from paytm but wanted to research a bit more and lost it, now it's selling for 43k after cb)

2. ASUS P2430UA-WO0079D (really liked this one, what do you guys think)

3. Asus R558UR-DM069D

4. Asus X541UV-XO029D

Please let me know your thoughts on the above list and other suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Finally bought Asus R558UQ for 45k with 5k cash back from paytm.

Though I had to settle with only 12GB RAM capacity as 4GB is soldered in board that's ok considering the other specs that it offers.

Some of its outstanding features are:
>USB Type C
>Nvidia 940Mx Graphic card
>B&O ice power Sound quality
>2 years on site manufacturer warranty.
>Drivers DVD (lol)

Happy with the product. Great laptop at the price.

Finally bought Asus R558UQ for 45k with 5k cash back from paytm.

Though I had to settle with only 12GB RAM capacity as 4GB is soldered in board that's ok considering the other specs that it offers.

Some of its outstanding features are:
>USB Type C
>Nvidia 940Mx Graphic card
>B&O ice power Sound quality
>2 years on site manufacturer warranty.
>Drivers DVD (lol)

Happy with the product. Great laptop at the price.
Great! How's the battery life and the screen ? Is the overall quality levels good enough compared to Dell ?

Great! All the best! Write a small review if possible.

Yes, will consider writing one after a few days of usage. This weekend is spent mostly in installing os, drivers and stuff.

Great! How's the battery life and the screen ? Is the overall quality levels good enough compared to Dell ?

I am getting more than 4 hours battery life as of now with all the installation stuff going on and light surfing. It's stand by time is also good.
Display is decent, I would say. It's LCD with back lit LED so I knew what I was getting.
I won't be able to compare it with Dell, haven't used Dell much. But this machine is solid. You won't get a dell at this price for this features. Best I can say is I haven't run into any issues in the last couple of days on this one and with 490 bucks I am getting an additional one year warranty which gives me 3 years international manufacturer warranty. Hell yeah! \m/

Hey I I too want a laptop for programming and general purpose what specs is required ( i3 6th gen vs i5 4th gen , does graphic is required)..please help

Back