Budget 31-40k Need a Mid Range Gaming Laptop

Kakahi

Agaliarept
Disciple
I need a laptop for my brother. He is a gamer and I want to gift him a laptop.

So, my final range is 35 to 40 max. The laptop should have few quality.
1. It should come from good brand.
2. The laptop should have 6 to 7 hours of back up capacity.
3. It should have nvidia GPU. Amd is last preference.
4. It should have max 9 generation CPU or max 8.

I need a laptop for my brother. He is a gamer and I want to gift him a laptop.

So, my final range is 35 to 40 max. The laptop should have few quality.
1. It should come from good brand.
2. The laptop should have 6 to 7 hours of back up capacity.
3. It should have nvidia GPU. Amd is last preference.
4. It should have max 9 generation CPU or max 8.

gaming laptop cant give you 6 hours backup because of graphic card. Max you can get out is 3 to 4 hours on casual use and dimming the screen.
based on budget, go with Asus TUF series. You wont be able to get a 1650 GPU so 1050 will be your best bet. See the difference in performance of these 2 gpu's and you will know what sort of settings will be applicable for the games your brother plays. Newer games will struggle on 1050 at higher settings.

I would suggest wait for Amazon / Flipkart sale as you might be able to get ROG series around 45k but it could be 3 to 6 months. If cant wait, Asus TUF is your option

Please don't buy a laptop primarily for gaming at this budget.
The battery will die within 1-1.5 years, the GPU will be completely outdated for new games..Try to convince your brother to invest/ upgrade the desktop for gaming.

Please don't buy a laptop primarily for gaming at this budget.
The battery will die within 1-1.5 years, the GPU will be completely outdated for new games..Try to convince your brother to invest/ upgrade the desktop for gaming.
Just like cellphones pubg players the battery will ONLY die if ONLY gamed. If you use gaming laptop for occasional gaming and mix work the battery can last for good 3yrs etc.
Post automatically merged:

get ROG series around 45k
Whoa! Which rog you think will sale for 45k?

Just like cellphones pubg players the battery will ONLY die if ONLY gamed. If you use gaming laptop for occasional gaming and mix work the battery can last for good 3yrs etc.

Whoa! Which rog you think will sale for 45k?

During last year amazon diwali sale, rog tuf was available around 45k and strix around. 50k

Are you sure? I have not seen a single Windows laptop retaining > 80 percent capacity after 2 years of regular use ( unless some SW limits the charging to 80 percent or something like that). Macbooks do often retain significant capacity even after 3 years. But I may be completely wrong about the new Windows laptops ( I came back to Windows after 10 years in 2019, the touchpads have improved so much!!! I do not even miss the macbook`s trackpad now in the Gram I have. Even 5 years ago, Windows touchpads were mostly unusable)

Are you sure? I have not seen a single Windows laptop retaining > 80 percent capacity after 2 years of regular use ( unless some SW limits the charging to 80 percent or something like that). Macbooks do often retain significant capacity even after 3 years. But I may be completely wrong about the new Windows laptops ( I came back to Windows after 10 years in 2019, the touchpads have improved so much!!! I do not even miss the macbook`s trackpad now in the Gram I have. Even 5 years ago, Windows touchpads were mostly unusable)
Yes, provided you care how to charge & when to disconnect the charger. and yet 80% after 2 yrs is a huge milestone whereas I have seen batteries conked off in just 15 months and customers bad mouthing the brand when they themselves dont know how to use gadgets. They keep plugged in their laptops to docking stations and chargers 24x7. What can one expect?
My brother himself keeps playing games and says batery dies within 2 yrs, now who is at a fault?

I am not sure which laptop manufacturers provide which features for which laptops but to take an example, Dell laptops have the Dell Power Manager in which you can specify the maximum battery capacity to be charged to. This can be set to 80-85% of the full capacity or the 'AC Charger' preset can be used for simplicity.

If you use the laptop connected to AC most of the time, then features like the above completely cut-off the battery and feed directly off the AC charger. I have not even had 2% degradation for my laptop after a year, so responsible usage does make a huge difference.

It is another matter though if the manufacturer provides an inadequate power supply that cannot feed the system in which case it results in battery discharge even on AC.

Back