• PSU - Seasonic 550W
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping?
    • Monitor
    • PSU
    • Cabinet
    • Harddisk
    • CPU
    • RAM
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy.
    • Motherboard
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Want this to be future-proof for the next 5 years
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Lamington Road
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Office/Home PC
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Preference for using a brand that has good service.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No gaming.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. No gaming.
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10

Thank you for the recommendation. Can you help me answer the below questions?
- Is B75 better than H61?
- Can you recommend one with HDMI port?
- Is Asus service better than Gigabyte or others?
Yes, B75 is always better than H61
None are available in India with HDMi port but you can get one from here:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Asu...lgo_pvid=5aa2b289-21f4-4c8f-aa6d-86698cbdeaff
Asus Service is 1st in India along with MSI. Gigabyte comes next. Though the service and nature depends from city to city. In my case both Asus & MSI did RMA even in case of burning of motherboard sockets by giving me a brand new replacements. But my friends in Chennai & Mumbai had to run from pillar to pole.

Yes, B75 is always better than H61
None are available in India with HDMi port but you can get one from here:https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Asu...lgo_pvid=5aa2b289-21f4-4c8f-aa6d-86698cbdeaff
Asus Service is 1st in India along with MSI. Gigabyte comes next. Though the service and nature depends from city to city. In my case both Asus & MSI did RMA even in case of burning of motherboard sockets by giving me a brand new replacements. But my friends in Chennai & Mumbai had to run from pillar to pole.
In that case can you recommend a Gigabyte one too?

If you want this to be future proof, would suggest to sell off the i5 2nd gen and get a newer AMD Ryzen or Intel 7/8/9th gen rig. Additionally, you might see issues with service for older boards.

You are going to spend on the mobo anyways, you will need to add extra for the CPU and RAM. You can sell off the older RAM for sure, dunno about CPU.

Not aware of the specific models, but H61 is the entry level variant, while B75 is a mid level variant in terms of features, chipset wise. Additionally, the mobo using a B75 would be more expensive and should have better components etc, on the whole as well, in general

I really hate ASUS..... board build quality (Asus H 170 M Plus MB - bought for Rs.9500/- in 2016)

Don't know why but since first day, when ever I press TAB Key on keyboard monitor screen turn black for fraction of seconds.

Also, just last month when trying to change SATA Data Cable (and forgot to unlock same) and pull the cable with little more force than usual and the port (plastic part on mother board) came out along with Sata Data Cable....

Never experience same with Intel Original Board (bought in 2011) and with Gigabyte Board (bought in 2018)

All above cofig was for my friends, intel one was for me

Back