Storage Solutions Need a new optical drive.

Nikhil

Skilled
My old BenQ 1650 is finally dying. It keeps opening and closing as if some phantom is operating the system. It's started to leave some very bad scratches on the DVDs which are being used.

I need a new DVD writer. I would frankly prefer to stick to the usual DVD+/-/DL writer. Dont want to spend money on Blu Ray now since there is no fixed thing happening. When Blu ray discs become cheap and common, then I might think of investing in a BR player.

As of now, I want the BEST in terms of DVD write quality and read speeds.

LG GH22NS30 sata 22x- has been around for sometime now and a fairly consistent performer iirc. :)

Not sure if anything newer or better is available now.

If you want lightscribe, the model number changes a bit iirc and you may or may not need to hunt in Bengalooru.

Difficult finding lightscribe ones in Mumbai at least, irrespective of the brand. :(

BIKeINSTEIN said:
LG GH22NS30 sata 22x- has been around for sometime now and a fairly consistent performer iirc. :)
Not sure if anything newer or better is available now.

If you want lightscribe, the model number changes a bit iirc and you may or may not need to hunt in Bengalooru.
Difficult finding lightscribe ones in Mumbai at least, irrespective of the brand. :(

Enough said. :)
Although the read and write speeds for CDs max out at 48X.

Just dont get the Sony Optiarchs .. Those the worst drives for burning DVD+DLs incase you want a drive for that ..
I would suggest LG or the Samsung 22 series .. But in SP Road the LG ones are popular ..

Ok. so it is the LG GH22NS30 sata 22x then..... Any other suggestions? Plan to buy it tomorrow if I find it or maybe this weekend.

Or can I buy it online? I dont mind a price difference of a hundred bucks or so for the convenience.

Bumping this thread as I was looking for something similar. The LG GH22NS30 is not longer available and there is a new model LG GH22NS50. Is it good? And any other models that I should try to source?

SidhuPunjab said:

Don't like using Ebay and don't have any discount coupons too :(

Techman said:
Also there was a go here, not sure if Vijay still have stock of it

http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/4th-deal-day-lg-dvd-rw-154350.html

Thanks. I will try contacting him for it.

dragon_unleash said:
LG 22x sata

What bull shit? Post something relevant rather than spamming. We all are already discussing about LG DVD-Writers :mad:

Back